Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

BT sport errors - IPC6007 and BTP-15001

27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Participant

Hi, I have added BT Sport to my TalkTalk account (having cancelled it 3 months ago when the virus it).  When I select the channels I get an error ref IPC6007 and when I click more information I get both this error and BTP-15001.

I have tried restarting the router and the YouView box, Retuned Channels, tried calling up an OnDemand program, tried Update players and apps. All to no avail.  The Sky subscription channels work fine.

On phoning the BT helpline, the solution offered was to do a factory reset, which would wipe all my previous recordings.  Anyone know of a way to fix this issue without a factory reset?  Thanks.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

There's a thread here where someone has the same error.

They leave the router switched off for (at least) 30 minutes, causing their broadband session to be dropped and then re-established.  After that they get a different error, then things start to work.

So, not much to lose by leaving the router off for at least 30 minutes then seeing if things have got better or worse.

If that doesn't help, a TalkTalk OCE will be along to the rescue in a bit...

Highlighted
Participant

Thanks for your reply @John_G 

I tried switching both my router and the Youview box off for about 35 minutes but sadly no joy, same errors. 😞

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Can you try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).

Set the TV Box back up and see if performance improves.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Participant

Thanks @OCE_Karl, I tried the maintenance reset (keep recordings) but still no joy.  I don’t see the IPC6007 error code now, just the BTP-15001.

I separately received a call from a BT technical support person.  He said the cause was that I had multiple BT IDs linked to the same email address.  He said he had addressed this issue and got me to activate my new ID again.  Sadly this hasn’t helped either.  I can’t contact him directly but he says he will call again tomorrow...

Highlighted

Hi

OK, let me know what they say.  An IPC error code or TTG error code is produced from our side.  

If there is a BTP error code, this is generated from the BT side and will indicate an issue their side.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Participant

Hi @OCE_Karl 

Thanks for checking in.  The latest from BT this morning is they think it is due to a mismatched token and they will contact TalkTalk to get a new one.  Does that make sense?  Guess I will have to wait to hear back from them.  Again.

Cheers,

Terry

Highlighted

Hi

The Token is basically the BT ID on our side of the system.  If they have made changes on their side they should contact our TV Teams to get the ID (Token) updated on our side to route the service correctly.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Participant

Still not working.  Phoned BT again last night and was back at their 1st line support, speaking to a guy who could see nothing on my file and had never heard of such a thing as a token.  Jeez.

Is it worth pursuing this through TalkTalk, even though it’s a BTP error code?

Highlighted

Hi

As this is a BT error, this is something you will need to pursue with BT as we will have no visibility of their systems.  I've seen this happen before, and the resolution on that occasion was for BT to cancel / remove the service on their side and then re-add it.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Participant

Hi @OCE_Karl 

I received another call from BT today (their ‘Technical Management Centre’) and they insist everything is now set up correctly on their side.  They said they will email their TT technical counterparts and ask them to contact me directly.

If I were to contact TT to check the status on their side, do you know what team would be dealing with it?  The only thing I have done on the TT side so far is this chat.

Thanks,

Terry

Highlighted

Hi Terry,

Thanks for the update. Have you been contacted since your last post? Is this still not working at the moment?

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

Hi @OCE_Michelle ,

Thanks for your message.  No, nobody has contacted me since my last post and it still isn’t working. 

I’m out this afternoon and so will start chasing (God knows who) from this evening.  Very frustrating.

Terry

Highlighted
Participant

Update: I just spent 90 minutes on TT technical support chat, which ended with an engineer being booked to visit onsite.  Over two weeks away sadly.

Highlighted
Problem Solver
Personal opinion:

You've done a great job in discovering that this is an ID mismatch between the TalkTalk and BT backend systems.

I would be amazed if the "engineer" can do anything to sort that out. They can deal with immediate on-site problems but don't have access to the back-end guys/girls.

The OCE's here are your best chance of getting the ID sorted so I wouldn't wait for the "engineer" only to find 2 weeks have slipped by and nothing achieved. See if an OCE can sort it first, then cancel the "engineer" if so.

My only other thought is that you could cancel BT Sport then set it up again with a different email address, that may work. With a bit of luck it will remove the problematic mismatched ID from both sides and then establish a consistent new one.

Anyway, good luck, these problems which involve BT and TalkTalk actually communicating with each other at a technical level are always immensely frustrating.
Highlighted
Participant

Thanks @John_G, yes I do wonder what good it will do to have an engineer come on site.  Sounds like a software problem to me.

Hoping the OCE’s on here can work some magic... else I might try your suggestion of cancelling and restarting under a different email address...

Highlighted

Hi Terry,

I've passed this over to our Network Team now and I'll let you know as soon as I receive an update back.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi Terry,

Our Network Team have advised me that this is not something that we are able to fix from here. We can only really recommend trying BT again to see if they have any other suggestions.

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

Hi @OCE_Michelle thanks for the update.

And oh dear, that’s not what I wanted to hear.  I’ll circle back with BT once again...

Terry

Highlighted
Participant

Hi @OCE_Michelle ,

I circled back with BT.  After going in several circles, they eventually said ‘they have been told by someone in TalkTalk’ that:

1. The token number matches the BT Id; and

2. It may be a ‘crossed line on the broadband’; and

3. Someone from TalkTalk has been trying to contact me.

The last comment is a big surprise to me because I have received no such calls.  Is there some way that you could reach out to the appropriate department in TT and ask them to contact me on my mobile number?  I won’t put my full number here but it ends in 516.

Thanks,

Terry