would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Been Unable to Add TalkTalk TV

ANSWERED
19 REPLIES
Blofeld
First Timer

I joined TalkTalk after moving to a new house, prior I had been with Plusnet without issue for 4 years. But TalkTalk’s pricing and the TV package persuaded me to make the change. I tried to add the TV plus box before I ordered the broadband, but after speaking to an advisor was told to just go ahead and then I could add it when I went live on the 22nd of Sept. Since then I’ve spoke to 5 advisors online and two on the phone, each one has promised different amounts of time it would take to sort it. I’ve even spoken to the priority manager and was given a promise that in 5 days it would be 100% sorted “That was over 8 days ago”. I keep getting told that it’s been escalated and will be sorted, I even received a phone call from a guy called Adam from the Bridgend Office, who was incredibly helpful and tried his best to sort the problem out, he then transferred me to a different department, who after I explained the problem, cut the call off. I’ve saved every online conversation I’ve had and to be honest I’m totally FED UP! 

By the way when I try to add the TV Plus Box and the a package, it comes up with a message saying “Sorry, Our line check shows you aren’t able to get any TalkTalk packages. We can’t currently bring any Broadband plans to your area but we’re expanding our UK network all the time so please check back again soon” 

BUT I get approximately 70mb download and it doesn’t drop below that, just spoke tonight with another online advisor, who said give it another 5 days, but 72 hours ago they said 48! Must admit Joining TalkTalk is turning into the worst decision I’ve ever made. It’s going to be interesting IF TalkTalk EVER get this problem sorted that they stick to the discounts promised a few days ago, because who know how long and IF this will ever get sorted. I’m totally and utterly FED UP of not getting calls back, every contact except ONE has been made by me and this has been going on for a couple of weeks. If anyone From TalkTalk out there can help, I would be extremely grateful and apologies to anyone that reads this for how long it was. 

Thanks

Steve

My name is Steve but does anyone know where Blofeld comes from? Maybe it’s an age thing ? Hint? “White Cat”
Community Team

Hi Steve

Looks like there could be a couple of issues, so will need to tackle these one at a time.

The TV package is showing as active on your account however this is currently set as Horizontal, so TV store only, thinking that your line does not have ability to stream TV content.  I've passed this to my colleagues in the TV Teams to have this changed over to Multicast.

The second issue I'm showing is that TV services are not reflected in our network systems, so when they have set the TV service correctly for the account, I can then look to see if this will correct the network system.  If not, I may need to remove the TV product then re-add to trigger  communication between the systems and update the network systems.

I will reply here as soon as I get an email back form my TV colleagues.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Make Broadband Better - Join The Sam Knows Trial

Community Team

Hi Steve,

Can you access My Account now and try to add the TV package to your account.

Out TV teams have been having a look at this.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Blofeld
First Timer
Hi Karl
Just tried and getting the same message as I always get and that I quoted above. But I appreciate that your at least trying to help and have given me more information than I’ve managed to get in every call and online advisor chat in the past.
My name is Steve but does anyone know where Blofeld comes from? Maybe it’s an age thing ? Hint? “White Cat”
Community Team

Hi Steve,

I'll take this back to our TV teams to see what they can do for me.

I've been speaking to them earlier and found out that the initial order placed on the system by the sales agent was incorrect and placed for TV store only rather than multicast, so it's not really a case of things not working correctly, they are working correctly for the account, it was the order that was wrong.  I may need to have the TV service fully removed and then add the correct TV order, but I'll know more when I speak to them again.

Now, I want to get this sorted for you as best I can, so that may involve me personally making changes to your account.  To allow me to do this fully, I need your permission to make any changes required and for you to confirm some security details for me.  I'll send you a PM (personal Message) that you can reply to, with the usual security questions.

Thanks

Karl. 

Blofeld
First Timer
Cheers Karl will do that now 👍
Community Team

Excellent, I can get started.

Karl

Blofeld
First Timer
Security answers sent and thanks again, you’ve been the most helpful out of anyone I’ve dealt with so far.

Thanks
Steve
Community Team

Hi Steve

I've had a look at the account. and also looped in one of my colleagues here who has a cs background to double check for me. 

We have tried a few options to add the correct TV service but this just will not let us. All things we have tried have failed, so the only option is to downgrade the account.

This will involve changing the account to broadband (without fibre) adding in the correct TV service and getting the TV box out to you and when this order is complete, upgrading the account to fibre again. 

Unfortunately this is the only way I can see of correcting this.  Are you ok for me to go ahead with this ?

Also, don't be worrying about any variations with the billing etc, we can sort all that out, and when the whole situation is put right, I can then look at adding some boost offers etc for the nightmare this has caused. Stick with the Community and we'll look after you :)

Regards,

Karl. 

Blofeld
First Timer
Hi Karl
Yes just go ahead mate, this has gone on for weeks and I’m at the point where I will try anything or hold the priority manager I spoke to at her word and just leave TalkTalk. As I’ve spent in the region of at least 9 hours online and on the phone, I’m willing to give it a go, so yes go ahead, just aslong as I end up with the correct TV package (plus box and entertainment & my 70mb I’m getting download, then I’m happy to go ahead). Thanks again Karl I’m glad that at least one person who I’ve dealt with seems to know what they are doing.
Cheers
Steve
Community Team

Hi Steve

I've made the required changes to the account etc, placed an order for a TV box and all has gone through ok.  I've now got to wait for this part to complete before I can change things back again. I've got all your details in my diary and will check the account tomorrow when I'm in the office.

Thanks

Karl. 

Blofeld
First Timer

Hi Karl

Thanks very much, just checked my account and it’s now showing the TV service, wish I’d just come and asked on community in the first place. Your a star mate thanks again and will speak tomorrow to sort out the boosts etc.

Thanks

steve 

Blofeld
First Timer

Hi Karl

Box arrived this afternoon, so impressed at how quickly it was dispatched, will wait for further instructions regarding getting fibre back/boosts/packages etc and line back up to speed.

Thanks

Steve

Community Team

Hi Steve

You can connect up the box.  I've not added any TV Boosts as yet as I was waiting for the orders to complete and these only do so after the equipment is confirmed delivered to us by the courier. 

I'm back in work at 8am tomorrow so will be checking everything again to see if all the TV product has been activated in the back end databases.

Thanks

Karl. 

Community Team
Solution

Hi Steve

Glad the TV Box arrived promptly.  I've reviewed the account and the orders are progressing, but a little bad news.  The downgrade order has to progress through Openreach systems and they have set a clear date for the order for 19th.  Unfortunately we have no way around this and full Multicast TV Services will not be active until the NGA order shows as completed.  You can still use the TV box for on demand stuff, just not for Boost content.

I am sorry for the time it is taking to get this resolved, but I do promise you I'm sticking with it until it's fixed.

Regards,

Karl. 

Blofeld
First Timer
Thanks for sticking with this Karl, genuinely don’t know what I would have done without your help. Quick question? Phoning to order a SIM card deal wont have any negative effect will it? I know it doesn’t and won’t, but as I’m being informed (not by you, by email, see below for explanation) that two more problems have occurred or are still going wrong, that I’m now paranoid about adding anything that in some magical strange way could effect it more.
Plus if I completely honest I Still can’t help the fact I’m disappointed in the service I received up until you took over the case, But at least it’s getting sorted now, but as I mentioned, in last few days I received two different notifications, a couple of days apart, saying “There maybe a small delay in getting your TV services up and running” then another load of stuff about it pushing the go live date further back. As these arrived on different days, I’m guessing that they are two different problems that have occurred during sorting this problem out and setting it up?
Am containing my frustration but admit that when I looked at my phone and saw it’s only a few days until it’s been ONE MONTH of me ordering the package & first reporting that I could’nt add the TV to order.
So came on to ask one question and then ended up ranting on about the fact that it’s almost a month, that’s been spent on the problem, sorry but that still annoys me.
Although none of this is a reflection on yourself, just to the people and their bosses (who’s names I have), who told me blatant lies! Sorry for the rant, as I know you’re giving this 110% but realising that it’s almost 30 days on a complaint and previously being passed from pillar to post, has angered me. Especially when if I hadn’t in desperation (if I’m honest), wrote to the community, then I know I would still be getting told lies and still waiting for phone calls that never materialise.

Anyway sorry if I’ve bored anyone with my rant but putting an appointment in my phones calendar, then realising it’s taken almost 720 hours to fix a problem so far, plus with it still not being fixed yet, has caused me to vent.

But I want to make one thing totally clear, you’ve been great Karl and it’s been totally appreciated by myself and the GF (who Nags at me everyday asking when her favourite channel will be on, you want to read some of the sticky notes left around house, about this 😂) “see TalkTalk you’re even causing a daily domestic” 🤣.
Hey did I just need to think about changing fiancée and not ISP? Now there’s a difficult question for you 🤔.

Thanks

Steve
Blofeld
First Timer
Hi Karl

The 19th passed and midnight on the 19th, nothing happened and account didn’t get changed and speeds and contract is still showing fibre and 66-80 mb. Just hoping it sorted start of next week, as it’s now over the month that I couldn’t add the TV. So feeling deflated as another date has passed and gone, know it was out of your control mate.
Blofeld
First Timer
Thanks for sending a PM and explaining what’s happening, it’s appreciated.

Thanks

Steve
Community Team

Hi Steve

I've spoken to William in CEO this morning and he has managed to get through to BT controls.  They advise the order was stuck on their system and they have escalated this internally to get the order completed.  we need them to close the order and this triggers what we call a KCI3 back to us, thats an acknowledgement that will then trigger the order to close on your account and then progress.  I'll be monitoring to see if this happens.

I do know how stressful situations like this can be, and I hope you will take hart that I am not going to leave this issue alone until we get a resolution.

As you mention you are ex forces (for which I have the greatest of respect), whilst I've never served myself, I'm from a military family. My father was a marine for 27 years, and one of the most valuable lessons he taught me growing up was, you never give up, you never quit, and I don't plan to start now.  I will get this fixed.

Regards 

Karl.

Blofeld
First Timer
Hi Karl

Thanks for escalating this to your colleague in CEO office, I also fully understand that BT’s sidebof thing is beyond your control,.
Even though it’s into its 5th week, I know that you will eventually get the problem/s sorted.

Your Father sounds like a very wise man and “never giving up & never quitting” is a great quality to have and learn, in all situations.

My whole family are ex Forces, 5 generations, all the way back to my Great Great Grandfather, his Son (My Great Grandfather), actually lied about his age in order to join up, giving false information so he could pass as 18, as he was 6ft at almost 16 & with his Fathers permission and verification of his age, he was accepted. He was actually only 6 weeks away from his 16th Birthday, So “15” when he joined the army, by the time his “very basic” training was up, his false D.O.B made him 19, so he could then fight overseas. So incredibly my Great Grandfather fought at the battle of the Somme during WWI when he was 16!!

My Grandfather also fought in WWII in the Royal Navy, as an anti-Aircraft Gunner, he served on HMS Hood & others that were sunk, serving from 1937 until 1948, only leaving as he met my Grandmother. So it was in my blood and always my dream from being a small child to serve my country. I’ve huge respect for all the men and women, who have and do serve in the 3 services.
I also had the honour of serving for a 3 month deployment with a Marine unit during the 90’s, without doubt, amongst some of the hardest, yet nicest guys you will ever meet, please pass on my respect to your Father.

Cheers

Steve