would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Been Unable to Add TalkTalk TV

ANSWERED
fre55die
Community Star

@ferguson

If you go back to the beginning he only came on here after being messed about by CS .

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Community Team

Hi Steve,

Been tracking this from here, as of 14:20 this afternoon I'm showing an NGA Auth log - so fibre authentication, looks like Openreach are out and changing the circuit over.  Now just need to wait for the engineer to complete the job on their system and check our side.  Once thats all done I can crack on with sorting multiroom out.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Make Broadband Better - Join The Sam Knows Trial

ferguson
Community Star

@fre55die Thanks, yes, I did see that from two months ago, I just didn't understand why there had been any issues since Karl took charge?

Community Team

Hi @ferguson @fre55die

I'll catch up up in the lounge :)

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Blofeld
Team Player
Fibre is all working Mate, so glad that parts over as a house that’s full of smart equipment doesn’t do well on 9mb shared between about 8 devices at times “Even Alexa had the hump at times” 😂

Cheers
My name is Steve but does anyone know where Blofeld comes from? Maybe it’s an age thing ? Hint? “White Cat”
Blofeld
Team Player
The problem was that initially that Karl wasn’t involved, I was being dealt with by Online Advisors, then Priority including their manager, then the welcome Team and back to the online advisors. So it was only the last month or so when I was so frustrated I thought I would vent on community. LUCKILY Karl picked it up and has been an absolute star, ALL the advisors before Karl took over I haven’t a good word to say about the service.
The reason its taken longer than Karl or myself would have liked, since he took over, to be fair has been things beyond his control “Openreach” plus “Other Departments” so couldn’t be more happy with how Karl and a Colleague of his in another department has handled things. I also know that Karl has almost been as frustrated as myself with all of this, long winded answer but hope that clears up any doubt that I had any complaints about the service from received from Karl.

Cheers
My name is Steve but does anyone know where Blofeld comes from? Maybe it’s an age thing ? Hint? “White Cat”
ferguson
Community Star

Cool. I just thought it had all got a bit unfair about berating frontline support on what has clearly been a particularly unusual and difficult  issue. Not necessarily by yourself by the way, but others who had jumped into your topic. No argument about Karl offering anything other than first class service.

Community Team

Hi Steve, 

Fibre order has completed and all looks fine on the system.  Nathan is progressing the multiroom aspect for me and then I can look at the rest of the account and work my magic :)

Karl.

Blofeld
Team Player
What I will say and quite passionately is that if you had been at the receiving end of some of what can only be described as “Awful and Deceitful” behaviour and what was termed as support by some of the original advisors involved, then you wouldn’t have a problem with anything ive said. Or to be fair other “IF” they had gone through what I had. I will elaborate so you understand where I’m coming from and I’m not overreacting.
I’m an ex Vet with PTSD & Severe Anxiety and that was explained when dealing with the Front line advisors, it was explained that I get very anxious which causes flashbacks and if you’ve ever suffered from PTSD, it’s a truly debilitating disease (I’m also bedridden which just adds to the whole frustration factor). So when I’m being told what turns out very quickly into being blatant lies, including being passed to 5 different departments on one call, to end up back at the first person and over an hour of my life wasted. Or how about dealing with the online advisors who are obviously reading out of a book or off a screen (now they may not all be bad, so I apologise to any that do their jobs correctly, just in the probably 8 or 9 I dealt with I never found one.

So to give a typical online experience I tell them my details etc and they ask what the problem is, I tell them, to be told “No problem I can sort that” jump forward 45 mins of ridiculous questions that haven’t anything to do with the problem I have and I’m told you will get a call, that’s great I think, I’m told can’t say what time but it will be within 5 working days!!!!!!!! Well...... ok I guess if that’s how this works. Jump forward 6 days and yep no call, back online, yet another stellar performance by the advisors, same questions and same promises but I’m told it’s a different problem and it’s already been escalated, so ok, then I’m told you will get a call within 5 working days...NO, NO, I immediately say I’m ringing and want to speak to someone or can they get someone to call me, but alas they don’t have the authority or means to get someone to call me in less than 5 days (I don’t believe this).
So let’s go forward say 5 different people and eventually after I CALL Talktalk as they don’t seem to like calling me and can I say I’m always 100% polite and truthfully have held my anger over this hold situation better than I ever thought I was capabale of, anyway I digress, I manage to get through to the Priority team, even to the Manager eventually, I explain what’s happened, all the hassle and even say it’s having a negative effect on my health, am told not to worry she can fix this and she will ring me back......wait for it? Guess how long? Yep in 5 days time (popular number 5) so I wait 5 days, I mean it’s a manager she is bound to call me, jump forward to today and I still haven’t had that call. I could keep going on and on as that’s what it’s been like, dealt with Bridgend office, Priority Team including Manager, Online advisors, Customer service including Manager, The welcome team who had the problem explained to them, but by far the most frustrating has been first line of contact advisors. Also to add to this I’ve intermittently had an overseas Complaints team ringing me asking me about a Complaint that I haven’t put in yet, but they wouldn’t take NO for an answer. Ringing repeatedly but at that time Karl was handling it and we didn’t want anyone else sticking their fingers in and messing all the hard work that Karl was doing.
Look I’m not one of those people that has a go at people just doing their job, but I hate being lied too, I hate being passed onto another person because it’s too complicated, there have been good people involved, Karl, Nathan and I guy called Michael.

Plus please remember this has gone on for months I came to vent on community and luckily OCE Karl picked it up, otherwise I know I would still be getting the run around. I can’t speak for others and I don’t agree with everything that’s said about the front line advisors, but I speak as I find mate and I think if you spoke to anyone who had a chance to see what’s been going on, they would agree 100% that my treatment has been disgusting “UNTIL” Karl got involved. Sorry if you don’t agree but it’s as I said “speak as you find” your experiences maybe different, mines been awful. So I don’t withdraw or think anything I’ve said about the first line advisors (That I’ve dealt with) is wrong or unjustified.

Sorry for the rant but this is a very touchy subject as it’s been hell for me and taken in actual hours on phones and online well over 15 hours pre Karl.

Thanks for listening to the rant and hope you understand why I’ve made the comments I have now.

Cheers

Steve
ferguson
Community Star

I do understand your comments and you have every sympathy from me.