Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Being billed for Sky Sports for May

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi there

Just got my latest bill for May through and I am being charged for Sky Sports. I thought this billing for Sky Sports was on pause as there is no live sport?

Could you let me know please, as if it's not on pause I'll just cancel it as it's pretty pointless at the moment.

Thanks

Bill

Highlighted
First Timer

I have the same query, I thought it was suspended until further notice. I didn`t expect to be billed for it without being informed beforehand. Unfortunately I don`t have the original e-mail for reference. Have you tried customer service?

Highlighted
Team Player

I havent tried customer service yet - mainly because the Mods on here are excellent. They're way quicker than customer service and normally know more 🙂

@OCE_Karl- could you have a look at this when you have a chance. Thanks.

Highlighted
Team Player

Bump.

Any chance of a reply on this one please @OCE_Karl ?

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Credits were added for the month of april for Sports.

As the lockdown continues, this is something that the teams are looking at currently and we will let our community know if we have any info.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Team Player

Thanks for coming back to me @OCE_Karl 

I'm a bit surprised it isn't just a rolling pause - this is what Sky Sports itself is doing, so seems odd that Talk Talk would charge us. As there is clearly going to be no live sport in May, it seems strange that Talk Talk hasn't just rolled this pause on - I imagine a lot of subscribers will be surprised by this.

Here's what Sky is saying:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/pause-sky-sports

I appreciate it's not your job of course to make these decisions.

However, do you know if I cancel my subscirption now will I be reimbursed for the May part of Sky Sports if the pause is extended? It would be a lot easier if this was just rolled on till whenever Sky unpauses the cost itself in my view.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Highlighted

Hi

I've found out that an option will be added in My Account to allow customers to request a pause to Sports, and also that emails are to be sent out soon.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Team Player

Thanks @OCE_Karl - that's very helpful to know, and appreciate you finding it out for us (as I said in post to @Stevo63 above - you guys do an excellent job on here.)

Keep safe.

Highlighted
First Timer
Thanks for the info. I will look out for an e-mail.
Highlighted

Hi

It's now in My Account, go to the section to Manage your TV Boosts.

When you attempt to remove the Sports Boost it should give the option to pause this.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Team Player

Thanks for this. One clarification - are we going to get charged for Sky Sports for the days in between the two Sky Sports 'pauses'? I am assuming not, but it wasn't very clear as the two routes to pausing it have been quite different and the text on the current one implied it was only from when you pause it. 

Thanks again @OCE_Karl