Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Boost channels not working

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Chatterbox

My boost channels work for a short time sometimes then display error ip6023. 

I have 53mb/s download at the router and my PS4 say 44mb/s. Youview box directly connected to router. I have reset everything.

Please help. 

Mickyallsorts.
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Mickyallsorts

Could you check for updates, Blue button on remote > Settings > Software Information > Update Software as this sometimes kicks boosts into action.

The other thing to try is More TV then play something from one of your boosts in Catch Up.

IMPORTANT !!!!!

Could you please ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Launch Profile Wizard,put your phone number in box, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @Mickyallsorts

I'm picking up a fault on the line, tests are showing an earth fault and an unbalanced cable fault. 

I've logged this out to Openreach for a non appointed engineer to take a look at the line.   If they then require an appointment we can go through the process with you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Hi, Openreach have visited and fixed a problem in the cabinet, corroded cable.
Unfortunately the problem still exists.
Bandwidth is 50mb plus.

Latest update on Youview box.

Please help.
Mickyallsorts.
Highlighted

Hi

As your on fibre, now that openreach have been, can you power off all equipment for 30 minutes.  This will allow the current exchange session to clear.  Power back on and when all is back up and running, try the TV channels and let me know what happens, any errors etc.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Still no good I'm afraid. More TV on demand films and programs work fine.
Movie channels etc play for 5 mins or so then error 6023.
Mickyallsorts.
Highlighted

Hi

All line tests are clear and the line levels look so much better following the openreach engineer.

I've a different router on the way to you for testing, just to see if this will process the TV data and maintain a connection to the server.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Chatterbox
The router I had was broken and detached from the stand when it arrived so that will be handy.

Will let you know how it goes.
Mickyallsorts.
Highlighted

Excellent. This is a different model of router, so I just want to compare how this handles TV for you.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

Chatterbox
Sorry for the delay, it is all working fine now.
Mickyallsorts.
Highlighted

Hi

That's great news, thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips