Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Box freezing and restarting

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Participant

My box has over the last few months began to crash a lot - freezing, which then needs a restart. This is becoming more and more frustrating as I am missing crucial parts of programmes. 

Help

Highlighted
Philosopher

@empanther81 Hi can i asks a few thing how long have u had the current box ??

What happens as in the actual issue like the box does not respond to the remote control??

What have u tired to fix it like turned it off for 5 mins and have u do a reset on the maintenance side like option 2 keep recordings 

have u tired turning ur router off for 10 mins if on normal b/b and 30 mins if on fibre

as could be a issue with a link on the network as we have found before 

Hope that help Regards Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Highlighted
Participant

Hi. I've has the box for a I'd say 2 years.  I've tried all the resets etc.

The machine just freezes on page and will not respond at all  

Thanks 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @empanther81 

When this happens do the buttons on the front of the box (+ and -) have any effect?  Is it just the picture freezing ?

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Highlighted
Participant

Hi. None of the buttons have any effect. I have to unplug. The box will also restart its self randomly. 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi again @empanther81 

This has been escalated for OCE attention and they should respond on Monday when they are in, however they are running a "skeleton" staff over the break.

Is the box connected directly to the router by ethernet cable or "Power Line Adapters"? as they will ask this, also do you get any error messages ?

IMPORTANT !!!!!!

Could you please ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Launch Profile Wizard,put your phone number in box, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Highlighted
Participant

Thanks its direct via ethernet cable.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi empanther81

I'll swap out the box and see if this helps.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES