would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Box not recording or playing old recordings

6 REPLIES 6
annebeaton1949
Chatterbox

Hi,

My talk talk tv box has stopped working properly.  Every time a scheduled recording tries to record, it fails.  Every time a manual recording is attempted, it fails.  Every time a previous successful recording is attempted to be played, it displays a black screen when playing.

I have tried the soft reset and the hard reset using the maintenance method (switch off, hold +/- buttons and reset box with keep recordings and removing recordings).

Can you please advise what the next step is?  The hard drive still has about 38% capacity free and the signal strength is fine.

Thanks

Anne Beaton

fr8ys
Community Star

Sounds like your box is failing.

I've escalated to the ice to confirm for you and consider next steps.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Community Team

Hi Anne

I'll get the box replaced for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

swampdodger
First Timer

i have the exact same problem and resetting has'nt solved it, even before, when it was recording only two lights (the 1st & 3rd) were showing.

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @swampdodger

Could you please start your own thread for support as each problem is individual and needs investigating separately.

Could you please also ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information, Settings, Personal information, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save) Only you and the OCE's can see this information.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
annebeaton1949
Chatterbox

Replacement box has been received.  Thank you for your assistance.

Community Team

Hi Anne

Glad to her the box has been received.  I hope it's working correctly and solved the issue for you.

Thanks

Karl.