Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Box not recording or playing old recordings

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
First Timer

My talk talk tv box has stopped working properly.  Every time a scheduled recording tries to record, it fails.  Every time a manual recording is attempted, it fails.  Every time a previous successful recording is attempted to be played, it displays a black screen when playing.

I have tried the soft reset and the hard reset using the maintenance method (switch off, hold +/- buttons and reset box with keep recordings and removing recordings).

Can you please advise what the next step is?  The hard drive still has 72% capacity free.

Thanks

Emma

Highlighted
First Timer

My talk talk tv box has stopped working properly.  Every time a scheduled recording tries to record, it fails.  Every time a manual recording is attempted, it fails.  Every time a previous successful recording is attempted to be played, it displays a black screen when playing.

I have tried the soft reset and the hard reset using the maintenance method (switch off, hold +/- buttons and reset box with keep recordings and removing recordings).

Can you please advise what the next step is?  The hard drive still has about 72% capacity free and the signal strength is fine.

Thanks

Emma

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @EmmaAgombar

If you have tried a maintenance reset then unfortunately the next step is a full factory reset from the Youview menu. Blue button on remote > Settings > Factory reset.This reformats the hard drive and reinstalls the software. You will lose your recordings but, you will lose these anyway if your box is replaced.

Please report back if this hasn't fixed the problem and I will escalate it for you.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Emma

Try the Factory reset from the Youview settings menu as mentioned by fre55die and retest and let me know what happens.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES