Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Brand Potential Survey

4 REPLIES 4
alananne
Wizz Kid

Had an email this afternoon from the above asking me to do a survey.

What am I supposed to read into questions asking me what I would do if the Sky Sports and Entertainment were not provided?

What would be left that was not terrestrial or available on the various players if these were withdrawn?

Been a while since I read about Sky moving from satelltie. Is this a foreboding?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @alananne

Just out of interest was this survey claimed to be on behalf of TalkTalk or an independent survey?

And just in case it was a survey 'phishing' for personal data you know not to answer personally identifiable information.

The survey might wish to know how much content you'd subscribe to from say Netflix or Amazon. And in the light of Sky announcing the bundling of Netflix with its Box Sets on demand whether you'd choose that route to get your entertainment content.

Unlikely that Sky will move from satellite as that's such a great distribution method to get content to customers.  But Sky will increasingly provide content via a broadband connection. 

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

alananne
Wizz Kid

@Gondola wrote:

Hi @alananne

Just out of interest was this survey claimed to be on behalf of TalkTalk or an independent survey?

And just in case it was a survey 'phishing' for personal data you know not to answer personally identifiable information.

The survey might wish to know how much content you'd subscribe to from say Netflix or Amazon. And in the light of Sky announcing the bundling of Netflix with its Box Sets on demand whether you'd choose that route to get your entertainment content.

Unlikely that Sky will move from satellite as that's such a great distribution method to get content to customers.  But Sky will increasingly provide content via a broadband connection. 

Not phishing. Came under talktalk logo identifying me by name but apart from that asked no further personal information.

The Sky satellite change seemed most likely from the article I read some while ago because it removes the need to send people out to install dishes saving on expense. At the time of reading Sky was said to be targetting existing customers who would, of course, have a satellite dish while any new customers would still be taking dishes at the outcome.

Not at all aware of the emlpoyment arrangements for installers but at some stage they are going to need less and less saving even more expense.... maybe.

Gondola
Community Star

@alananne wrote:

@Gondola wrote:

Hi @alananne

Not phishing. Came under talktalk logo identifying me by name but apart from that asked no further personal information.

The Sky satellite change seemed most likely from the article I read some while ago because it removes the need to send people out to install dishes saving on expense. At the time of reading Sky was said to be targetting existing customers who would, of course, have a satellite dish while any new customers would still be taking dishes at the outcome.

Not at all aware of the emlpoyment arrangements for installers but at some stage they are going to need less and less saving even more expense.... maybe.

The survey appears to be about content and how you'd arrange to watch your chosen content. You can read too much into survey questions. 

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

alananne
Wizz Kid

@Gondola wrote:

The survey appears to be about content and how you'd arrange to watch your chosen content. You can read too much into survey questions. 

Loss of content!!