Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband will not connect to TV box

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Popular Poster

My TV box dropped connection this morning and will not reconnect. I have done all the normal rebooting of everything but it just will not connect. I have paid for Now TV Sky sports and can access nothing. Talktalk offer an engineer at the end of next week and chat does not even answer any of the questions I pose, just stock answers.

Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

How is the TV box connected to the router - direct via cable or via powerline adapters ?

Is general broadband / phone working ok ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Karl

Broadband and phone are fine.

Set top box is connected via power line adaptors - same as TV which is working fine

Susan

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Karl

Broadband and phone are fine.

Set top box is connected via power line adaptors - same as TV which is working fine

Susan

Highlighted
Community Star

Are other apps working OK on the box? Have you tried resetting your powerline adapters, see here?

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I have reset power line adaptors, no internet apps workiing

Highlighted
Community Star

OK, one more thing: I presume the box is indicating that it is not connected to the internet? Is there any way you can try connecting it directly to the router by ethernet cable, if only temporarily?

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I don't think might can do that as the cable would need to be very long. I will investigate that though thank you.

Highlighted

Hi

Are all lights 'green' on the adapters ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Yes all the green lights are on

Highlighted

Hi

Have you tried a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).

Set the TV Box back up and see if connections are restored.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Visitor

I too have this problem back in March time however its not my line, telephone is okay speed slow but always has been. changed cables etc box slow to respond/wake up, loads of issues and its still not sorted I cant access broadband Iplay any of the "extended channels" and recodings fail on a more than once daily basis. Talk talk refused to send me new equipment despite the fact that all other devices in the house are working from broadband poor service.

Highlighted
Community Star

@Steph10 I see you have started your own topic, wait for a response from the support team there.