Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Can’t Set Up TV Plus Box

13 REPLIES
Kipper1970
Participant

It’s now 2 weeks since I changed to TalkTalk and I still haven’t managed to get my tv box working. It starts set up but gets as far as setting up tv services and gets stuck. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do.

Community Team

Hi

Can you check the phone number in your Community Profile

It looks to have 1 to many digits.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Kipper1970
Participant
Phone number sorted it had an extra 6
Community Team

Hi

Is the youview box direct to the router or via powerline adapters ?

Are you able to test with a direct connection to the router ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Kipper1970
Participant
Tried to connect via power line adapters. I can’t connect direct to the router. The powerline adapters are working as I have my old bt youview box working through them.
Community Team

Hi

Is it not possible to take the TV box to the router just for the setup, possibly with a portable TV etc, and then when set up replace in the original location.

Thanks

Karl. 

Kipper1970
Participant

I’ll try and sort something later

Kipper1970
Participant

Just tried to set up tv box connected directly to the router. I’m still getting the same problem with set up sticking on step 3 setting up tv services.

Community Team

Hi

I've emailed our TV tech teams to have a look at this.

Karl.

Kipper1970
Participant
Thanks
Community Team

Hi 

Can you try a Youview Maintenance Reset

When the box has been fully reset try the set up again and see if it sticks at option 3.

Thanks

Karl. 

Community Team

Hi

Did this help, is the box still sticking at setting up the channels ?

The maintenance reset option will also have an option to update the software and this can help.

Thanks

Karl. 

Kipper1970
Participant
Tried the reset and the update and they made no difference.
Cheers
Community Team

Hi @Kipper1970

Can you tell me which software version the box is running.  If you can skip the step and let the box complete the set up you can go to the youview menu to find the current software version.

Thanks

Karl.