cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Can't even get Talk Talk TV working!!

8 REPLIES 8
First Timer

Joined Talk Talk a couple of weeks ago but had an overlap with previous provider. A few days ago tried getting TV going, broadband is fine as is phone. But no joy despite the tv saying it was waking up - nothing else happened. Tried calling and on line chat but no agents available and call was linked to a fixed message about a general fault from this morning. How do you actually get to speak to someone and is the service always this awful!!

Community Star

Sorry to hear this. Are you saying you have a TalkTalk TV box and it won't go past the waking up stage? I take it you followed all the set up instructions about connecting it both to an external aerial and the internet? This may be a strange thing to suggest at this early stage, but it may be worth trying a full reset in order to sort out any incipient problems. 

Turn the power switch off at the back for a minute or so and then turn it back on again;

Press the standby button on the front of the box;

Very quickly press and hold both the channel +/- buttons together for 10-15 seconds;

After displaying the start screen, the box should enter maintenance mode;

Select option 1, Software Reset.

Let the box reboot and see what happens then.

First Timer

Thanks for that - tried it but after going to the service page everything just went blank again. I have previously been with Virgin on Cable and have not used the TV aerial for some time so maybe the fault is there - I just assumed that if it said the service was waking up the aerial was working. Any further suggestions welcomed, my kids are really annoyed at me for changing provider, losing all their recorded tv and having no tv (this is good for them really but not great for me!)

Community Star

So have you got a TV aerial connected to the box? Subject to that I have flagged this up to the online support team for you. Make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile here so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond, hopefully tomorrow.

First Timer

Have just filled in the details - thanks for your help. Fingers crossed.

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @hclarke73

Can I just confirm, when you switch on the TV Box does it get past the waking up stage.  Are you able to see any online menu etc ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

First Timer

Hi,

Sorry for delay - work kicked in! Not getting past menu, finally managed to get through to a human being today and they are sending a new box as they think it is faulty. No offer of recompense for having no tv since switching to Talk Talk. I await the box in 3-5 days and will see if I can finally get TV. Must admit, I am thinking I will not be staying with Talk Talk for long if this is the service. Fingers crossed for the new box! Thanks for your help

Philosopher

@hclarke73 talktalk would not offer a price on a faulty box as it is not a full loss of service as that is what they would do if u lost ur phone or bb do not think they would do it for tv side

i have had a router for a few days then the power cable failed.

the team on here i can say for being a long customer are good but also are the people that are like me can help with info and advice. also BETTER THAN THE CALL AND CHAT STAFF...

i have tired a tv with the aerial to see if that works as if u did not use it with ur last isp then it could be this side.

Hope that help Regards Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi hclarke73,

Thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on with the replacement box.

Thanks