Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Cancel TalkTalk TV £4 charge

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
First Timer

Good Afternoon,

I am now out of contract, and I have broadband and TV services with TalkTalk. I am happy with my broadband service, but as I no longer use the TV service (I have Sky TV too), could I have the £4 monthly TV charge removed from my account please? It is listed as a boost/extra as follows...

Boosts and Extras
TalkTalk TV
£4.00

If you need any further information from me, please let me know.

Thanks very much in advance.

Best Regards,

Antony Jones

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

As you are out of contract currently, you can negotiate a new contract without TV services.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi I haven't used my talktalk tv for over a year but I am still in contract until dec, what can I do??

Highlighted
First Timer

Thanks very much for your response.

My concern is that I renewed my broadband last year (Fast Broadband for £19.95 for 12 months through uSwitch), but the TV charge stayed on my account, so I've been paying £23.95. I'm up for renewal again now, and I've been through the steps on the TalkTalk website, which clearly states in the summary showing the new monthly amount that accepting the new deal means any TV or other charges will continue in addition to the cost of the deal for broadband only, and then I'll be in contract again so back in the situation where I'm unable to do anything about it. I was hoping, if possible, could the charge be removed from my account at this stage, as in before I renew, so I can then consider my options for renewing broadband only and do it all online? I was hoping to sort it all out here and online to avoid phoning up during these times.

Thanks very much,

Antony Jones. 

Highlighted
Problem Solver

@ajones75  @OCE_Karl 

TalkTalk terms an conditions state:

15.2 If you want to end a service or your agreement with us outside the minimum
period you will have to contact us in writing or by phone to give 30 days’
notice;

It's surprising that TalkTalk is not allowing you to cancel the TV Service in the manner allowed in their terms and conditions.

Highlighted
First Timer

Ah, thanks for pointing that out. If that's the case, I'll be happy to give 30 days' notice, I'd just feel a lot more comfortable knowing it's gone off my bill before I renew for broadband only as then I could be tied in for another 12 or 18 months.

Thanks,

Antony.