Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Cannot access Sky boost channels on You View box

9 REPLIES
Alanme
Popular Poster

Hi, I am no longer able to access my Sky boosts on the You View box. When attempting to connect, I am getting the error message "Please check your internet connection then try restarting your router. Check the connection between your box and router, then restart the router." the error code is: IPC0 6023

The router is working okay otherwise, it is showing a speed of 11.5 mps and is running okay on a laptop and iPad. It also runs okay on the box itself if I connect to iplayer, so the box is both getting an internet connection and working - apart from the fact that it is no longer working with the Sky service.

I have tried connecting the You View box directly to the router and cutting out the normal longer router to box connection. Have factory reset the box and attempted multiple rests of the router, including a hard reset on the circuit board. Have also gone into the router settings and ensured that they and the box settings are as far as I can see as stated in the TalkTalk set up help files for these devices. I have started to run out of things to try. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Alan.

ferguson
Community Star

I get the impression that you are generally using powerline adapters, so can you just clarify/expand on this bit?

@Alanme wrote:

I have tried connecting the You View box directly to the router and cutting out the normal longer router to box connection.

Alanme
Popular Poster

Sure, all I mean is that I have attempted to get the best signal to the box by simply cutting out the cable that runs from the router in one room to the box in the other. There are no adaptors involved. Alan

ferguson
Community Star

OK, so you are getting this error message when connected directly via ethernet cable between box and router?

Alanme
Popular Poster

that's it exactly

ferguson
Community Star

OK, I will flag this up to the support team for you, they won't pick this up before Monday at the earliest though. Have you tried a soft reset? Press and hold the standby button on the box itself for around 8 seconds and it will reboot.

Alanme
Popular Poster

I have given it a go thanks, but the same error message is still coming up.

ferguson
Community Star

OK, sit tight and see what the TalkTalk expert can advise, not before Monday though I'm afraid as I mentioned earlier.

Alanme
Popular Poster

Hi, the service is now working again. I read somewhere that it was worth trying to turn off the router for half an hour and then turn it back on again. Apparently this causes the exchange to asign a new connection to the router. I don't know how true this is but I tried it anyway. When I restored the router the internet was down as well as the phone line (no dial tone, only engaged tone) but it came on again early morning. Don't know what happened but it is working okay now. Thanks.

Community Team

Hi

Glad to hear the channels are now working for you.

Turning the router off for 30 minutes on fibre will start a new session.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Make Broadband Better - Join The Sam Knows Trial