Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Cannot record TV or watch existing recordings

ANSWERED
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

My YouView box will not record anything ("Failed to record") and I cannot watch any existing recordings.

I went into Maintenance mode and selected the Internet/USB Recovery (keep recordings) option, but that has not resolved the problem.

I think I need a new Youview box. Please arrange for a replacement to be sent to me..

Highlighted
Community Star
Solution

As you can't view your recordings I suggest trying a factory reset from the settings menu.

if this does not work please post back and I will escalate to an OCE for you.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor
I did a factory reset from the settings menu, before reading your suggestion, and it has worked. So there's no need to escalate to an OCE.

Fortunately I have only lost about five recordings; and that would have happened, in any case, if the box were replaced.

Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Sorry you have lost the existing recordings.

Try new recordings and any issues, let me know.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor
Recording and playback is now working as expected, so you can close this case.

Many thanks

David
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

I spoke too soon; it's still playing up.

This morning I turned the box on using the remote (it's set to Smart) and pressed the My TV button. The Recordings, Watch List and Scheduled page appeared, showing the two recording I had made. Pressed the down arrow to select the first recording. Instead of highlighting the recording in blue, a random blue box appeared near the bottom of the screen over the 4 x 3 grid. Pressing Back clears the box and leaves the MY TV grid still showing. Turning off and on using the remote just brings up the My TV screen. I could not highlight any recording.

I next tried turning off using the switch on the back, waited about one minute then turned back on using the back switch and front button. Normal TV eventuallyappeared and the bottom Menu overlay. Went into My TV; this time the programme highlighted correctly and I was able to delete it.

The box now appears to be working correctly, again.

Any idea what caused this problem? I have a vague feeling that I only turned the TV off last night but not the Youview box. Could this be the cause?

David