Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Cannot watch Sky Sports boost - Error code IPC6011

15 REPLIES 15
Lisa88
Chatterbox

For the last few weeks I haven't been able to watch any of the Sky Sports channels that I am paying for. Very occasionally when the channel does finally come on, the picture and sound are all broken up and unwatchable. However most of the time I just get a black screen then eventually a message comes on saying 'There's a problem with your broadband which is affecting Sky Sports Football. Check the connection between your box and router, then restart the router. IPC6011'

I have checked all of the connections and they seem fine. I don't think it is an issue with the connection as I can access catch up channels just fine. I have just checked in my account and shows that my subscription is active until 18th June 2020. Hopefully something can be done to fix this problem as I am paying for this boost every month and am unable to watch any of the channels.

hosay299
Philosopher

@Lisa88Welcome to the group. please fill in the rest of ur profile so the team on here can find u on their side of the system.

they should reply next week

A bite of info of Forum:
The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:- Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

please do not post any personal info on here as full public 

Hope that help Regards Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Lisa88
Chatterbox

Thank you so much for that info. I will fill out the rest of my details and hopefully I can get this sorted soon. I have tried ringing their support teams but they have been useless so I thought I would try here and may have better luck getting to the bottom of it.

hosay299
Philosopher

@Lisa88  ur welcome and yes the team are better on here i have been a member for just over 9 years.

as i have found people on here and on media say we will move but why as the same can happen on any ISP they are all the same set up at the end of the day.

U will find the team oce and other customer will try and help sort it out on any issue u have with ur services or product issues

Hope that help Regards Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Lisa88 

Is your TTBox connected directly to the router by Ethernet cable or Power Line Adapters ?

If PLA's are all the lights SOLID green on both or do you get the occasional orange or red on the middle light of either?

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Lisa88
Chatterbox
My box is connected by power line adaptors and the middle light is usually either orange or red, which I know isn't good. However it is only recently that I have been unable to get the Sky Sports channels, so don't know if that is causing the problem or not because they have worked in the past and the middle light has never been green.
fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Lisa88 

Could you try factory resetting and re-pairing them as I suspect that to be the problem. Are the PLA's DIRECTLY into sockets and not using extension leads or adapters for them, try the PLA's into different sockets if possible.

Is the Orange/Red middle light on both or just one?

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
fre55die
Community Star

Hi again @Lisa88 

You may find this article useful :  https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Fix-a-problem-with-your-wireless-Powerline-adapters/ta-...

PLA's are a bit notorious for causing erratic problems, so longer Ethernet leads from the PLA's can help and are really freely available from many retailers and on-line sellers. I get mine from A>>>>> (you know who Alexa !!).

Lisa88
Chatterbox

Thanks so much for your reply. I will give the article a read and hopefully I will be able to solve the problem. The middle light on both adaptors is usually orange or red. One thing I did notice was, this morning I tried the sports channels before going to work (this was around 6.45am) and they were working fine. I have just got home from work and tried them again and I am back to the same old problem. A black screen and no connection. Very strange!

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Lisa88 

Is there any way that you can connect router to box by say a 20 -30 mtr Ethernet  cable as this I suspect will probably totally cure the problem longer or shorter are freely available up to I believe 100 Mtrs down to 5-10 mtrs?

Cost about £6

https://www.amazon.co.uk/World-Data-Network-enhanced-Ethernet/dp/B003ZB67PI/ref=sr_1_2?qid=157956252...

fre55die
Community Star

Hi again @Lisa88 

Just in case, I have escalated your problem.

IMPORTANT !!!!!!

Could you please ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Launch Profile Wizard,put your phone number in box, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Lisa88,

How are you getting on? Do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

Lisa88
Chatterbox
Yes please, I still cannot watch any if the sky sports channels. I just get a black screen. I have tried to factory reset my PLA's and repair them but this hasn't worked.
OCE_Debbie

Hi Lisa88

Apologies for this.

Are you able to connect to the box wired just to see if this only affecting wireless?

Thanks

Debbie

Lisa88
Chatterbox

I have been checking it over the last couple of days and the Sky Sports channels have started working again. The only change I have made is to move a lamp away from next to my router and this seems to have solved the problem. Thanks to everyone who has offered help and advice, it is very much appreciated.

OCE_Michelle

Hi Lisa88,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks