Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Catch up issues

22 REPLIES 22
NEWbrain1
Team Player

Hello. I have recently switched to fibre broadband and received a new You View box. There appears to be an issue with catch up programmes buffering or stopping altogether and not restarting. On BBC I Player the code 02001 and a message asking me to check the internet connection appears. The internet connection is OK. Other channels have a similar problem.

Any help appreciated. 

ferguson
Community Star

Does the box show that there is a network connection? If so try a soft reset: press and hold the standby button on the front of the box for around 8 seconds until the box reboots. See if that helps.

NEWbrain1
Team Player

Thanks. I have soft reset and viewed an I Player catch up programme as before but the same issue persists. I didn't have this issue pre fibre, unless its to do with the replacement box.

ferguson
Community Star

OK, is this affecting multiple players along with the BBC iPlayer? Are you using powerline adapters, or a direct ethernet connection? Are you able to access via other devices? Have you tried a 30 minute reset on your router to see if that helps? 

Sorry for all the questions, but issues like this are often a process of elimination.

NEWbrain1
Team Player

Multiple players are affected.  I am using powerline adapters. I'm not sure what other device's you are talking about and I haven't tried a 30 minute reset on my router.

NEWbrain1
Team Player

I should add that I can access I Player via my phone and computer.

Thanks.

Community Team

Hi

Can you try a direct connection between the TV box and router, bypassing the powerline adapters to see if these are the issue ?

Thanks

Karl. 

NEWbrain1
Team Player

Thanks Karl. My router is on a different floor to my TV so I would have to find  a suitable point to use cables.

I haven't tried switching off the router for 30 minutes yet , which was suggested , but I won't be able to do anything until this evening. 

Community Team

Hi

Check the adapters are direct into wall sockets,  check the lights on the adapters are all green.  You could also try the adapters in different wall sockets or try swapping the adapters around and see if this helps.

Thanks

Karl. 

NEWbrain1
Team Player

Will do.

Community Team

OK,  do let me know how this goes 🙂

Thanks

Karl. 

NEWbrain1
Team Player

I have switched off the router and switched on again after 45 minutes. I swapped the two powerline adapters and reset them . All lights are green,  although the centre light on the adapter near the router occasionally goes red for awhile and then back to green. I have tried a catch up programme and there are no issues. Just questioning whether the one red light is OK.

Community Team

Hi

If the light continues to remain Red then this can indicate a poor communication speed between the adapters.

Keep an eye on this and see if its just the occaisional blip or if it stays red for long periods.

Thanks

Karl. 

NEWbrain1
Team Player

Thanks Karl. I'll let you know. 

Community Team
NEWbrain1
Team Player

Hello Karl. At the moment the powerline light on the adapter by the router is permanently showing red, it was permanently green earlier in the day. The adapter by the TV is always green. However,  viewing catch up programmes is fine. Correction: the lights are now green on both adapters. 

Community Team

Hi

If the light on one stays on red, this can indicate the communication speed betweenthe adapters is dropping.

In this case I would see if you could try any other plug sockets.

Thanks

Karl. 

NEWbrain1
Team Player

Thanks Karl.  Is the possible drop in speed between adapters linked to the upgrade to fibre or the age/type of  adapters which were fine pre fibre?

Community Team

Hi NEWbrain1

It's hard to say. Have you tried a different plug socket?

Thanks

Debbie

NEWbrain1
Team Player

Thanks Debbie. I haven't found a suitable location yet but I will sometime today.