Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Charge for Talktalk TV

ANSWERED
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Participant

to clear things up for people.  the £4.00 charge was for multi room service, however as people never really opted for this talktalk have in there wisdom come up for a scam to claw this lost revenue back and as of february 2019 they will be charging all customers who recieve tv with there broadband and phone package £4.00 per month which is for the box.  They could'nt simply charge customers to watch free to air channels so its the box your getting scamed for.  The biggest con here is i have a boost with talktalk and they are going to charge me another £4.00 from february 2019 on top of what i pay for the entertainment boost.  There email states the best this and the best that you will get but nothing has changed so what are these goons on about.  It seems a right old scam and they know that.  I am so surprised that when people are talking to customer services the staff are less informed at what it all means so bad training on talk talk's part.  talkttalk needs to re-think about there latest scam as alot of customers will move to other providers

K routledge
Highlighted
Community Star

@keith2016 Just to clear up some of the points you made. The £4 fee is a new charge for those taking TalkTalk TV services. The previous £4 multi-room fee is being scrapped so for multi-room customers there is no increase in costs. The fee is not related to the TV box. If you do not wish to pay the fee for TalkTalk TV services you are free to cancel.

Highlighted
Participant

question here so why would i be charged another £4.00 per month when i am already paying for the tv service via the boost i pay for each month.  I would not agree with you and it looks simple enough to me that customers are being charged for the box and this one needs to be looked at via the regulator 

K routledge
Highlighted
Community Star

@keith2016 There is no question that you are being charged for the box. You are free to cancel the TV Boosts and the TV fee if you wish. You can keep and use the box for non-TalkTalk TV purposes.

Highlighted
Participant

you have not understood the email sent to customers.  i am not a new customer taking a new service. i already pay for the tv service via my entertainment boost so explain to me what is the £4.00 for that i will be charged ontop of my bill each month.  the multi room service will still exist but the charge of £4.00 per month will be scrapped, which i am not surprised as no one took this anyways.  this all seems like a scam to me and others and only those who work for talk talk will say other wise to keep the bosses happy.  my conclusion is i am being charged the £4.00 for the box its as simple as that as there would be no other reason to charge the £4.00.  They simply can not charge customers to watch free to air channels as then its not a free service. again one for the regulator i think.  explain my questions fergy not just for me but others aswell

K routledge
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ferguson wrote:

There is no question that you are being charged for the box.

But I think there is a possible arguement that says you are being charged for the box.

Today if your Youview box fails, regardless if you are using any Boost or other feature, then the box is replaced FOC. Under the "new" system if you do not pay the £4 per month charge then your box will not be replaced.

So it can be argued that the £4 charge relates directly to the Youview box. Pay up or no cover against hardware failure (as there is at present).

Highlighted
Community Star

@keith2016 I have moved your posts to a separate topic for the TalkTalk team to comment on. 

Wizz Kid
Solution

I see this as a 'Standing Charge' that's being introduced.

I have a few extra services for which I pay £5 P/M. So my choice is to cancel that option or pay an extra £4, i.e. an 80% increase.

Cancellation appears to be the favourite at present.

Highlighted
Participant

this is getting really silly now fergy as the email sent to myself and other customers regarding the £4.00 charge states nothing what you have pointed out about the box being repaired or replaced if it breaks down.  you are simply making these claims up and lookig rather silly in the process so lets except i am right what i said i am being scammed £4.00 per month on top of what i already pay for the tv service and you finally agreed they are charging me and others who have boosts for the box as what else could it be.  now come on fergy swallow your pride and admit i am right in what i am saying

K routledge
Highlighted
Community Star

The £4 fee is for TV services. Previously it was zero, so I understand why people are annoyed. But come on keithy why not wait for TalkTalk to comment as I suggested?