would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Charge for Talktalk TV

15 REPLIES
wishyouwerehere1973
Sightseer

i am in the same mind

the email i had stated that as im a "valued cunstomer" i will be charged an extra £4 per month for my tv service but i will recieve £4 discount on my bill.

i have been on to talk talk last night for what seemed hours, to a  "sharon" dont think her name was really sharon).

and she was clearly not upto knowing the answer to my querie, being is this discount applied every month.

all she could say was my bill would increase by£4 or i could turn the service off .

im asuming i will loose all tv.she couildnt even asnwer that

looking at this thread it seems i wont but feel pressured into paying extra to watch freeview channels  

befor i ring them agian id like to know what the difference would be if i cancel the tv subscription.

if there is no change to regular viewing then this is very poor marketing by talk talk.

nothing short of bullying tactics confusing people into another cost.

ferguson
Community Star

@wishyouwerehere1973 The £4 fee gives you access to the TalkTalk TV Boosts. All other content remains accessible as now. 

wishyouwerehere1973
Sightseer

that is not what your operators said last night even to the point of me having to return my talk talk box.

what i dont understand, which no one can clarify

my email stated i get charged £4 per month  then receive £4 discount .

IS THIS EVERY MONTH.

ferguson
Community Star

You do not have to return the box. I have moved your posts into a separate topic and flagged this up to the support team. Make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile here so that they can link your forum identity with your account.

Community Team

Hi @wishyouwerehere1973

Can you add your home phone number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details and take a look for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

wishyouwerehere1973
Sightseer
done
Tieflyer
Popular Poster

Nothing on my email about a £4 discount and I’ve been with Talktalk from the beginning. Only offer was a £5 discount off first Film of theMonth rental. I cancelled my Talktalk TV as I don’t use TV boosts so no advantage to me paying £4 a month.

Community Team

Hi @wishyouwerehere1973

The information you have been given is correct based on your individual package and the discount will apply each month.

Thanks

Karl.  

Tieflyer
Popular Poster

So how come some customers are going to get Talktalk TV free and others lose it or have to pay? Seems like a total shambles to me.

wishyouwerehere1973
Sightseer

ive came off the phone earlier to a "paul"

he has just told me different to that and has said its only for one month!!

i have then told him to cancel the £4 cost

your phone representitives do not know what is going on

you really need to look into this for your customers.

ferguson
Community Star

@wishyouwerehere1973 wrote:

ive came off the phone earlier to a "paul"

he has just told me different to that and has said its only for one month!!

i have then told him to cancel the £4 cost

your phone representitives do not know what is going on

you really need to look into this for your customers.

I agree there is some confusion amongst customer service agents and I am sure that this will be fed back. But why would you phone again when you have already had an assurance from TalkTalk on here?

wishyouwerehere1973
Sightseer

i had phoned them before i had assurance on here.

my email only came in last week and bringing these price rises in febuary, time is of the essence ,*@#][!![]'#[@#]!* it in the bud if you catch my drift.

Community Manager

Hey @wishyouwerehere1973

Firstly let me apologise for the incorrect information given and explain the difference. Depending on the package you have some customers have TV included in the core package whilst others do. 

Customers like yourself who has TV included in the core package (some of our older packages) will have the fee applied to their account however they will also have it credited each month. Essentially you don't need to do anything, sure you'll see the line item on your bill along with the credit but the monthly amount you pay for the core package won't change. 

This is different from other customers on newer packages where TV is not included as part of the core package and so they won't get the credit but obviously can have the fee removed if they are not making use of the benefits of the TV service.  

Hope this helps

brownhirondelle
Participant

I have read some of the threads to do with this £4 charge and I am none the wiser. I have also emailed Talk Talk direct.

I have a Talk Talk box in order to view 80 or so waht I thought were free to view channels. I also access I Player, On Demand and the like. Netflix is accessed using our daughter's account as guests. I am not interested in multi screesn or renting films so what am I paying for. On another thread it says I might be paying for the box should it break down.

I have been with Talk Talk for a number of years and getting a bit miffed with what I see as a way of increasing charges/revenue via the back door with no apparent reason and with no improvement in service.

As someone said in one thread this latest charge seems to be abot of a 'shambles'.

Community Team

Hi @brownhirondelle

I'm sure you have many questions etc, and I'm eager to assist, but please, can I ask that you start your own thread so I can deal with your issues and questions separately.

Thanks

Karl. 

brownhirondelle
Participant

New thread set up