Did you mean: 
Need help?

Charge for Talktalk TV

11 REPLIES 11
benny55
Wizz Kid

@StephenF wrote:

Hey @wishyouwerehere1973

Firstly let me apologise for the incorrect information given and explain the difference. Depending on the package you have some customers have TV included in the core package whilst others do. 

Customers like yourself who has TV included in the core package (some of our older packages) will have the fee applied to their account however they will also have it credited each month. Essentially you don't need to do anything, sure you'll see the line item on your bill along with the credit but the monthly amount you pay for the core package won't change. 

This is different from other customers on newer packages where TV is not included as part of the core package and so they won't get the credit but obviously can have the fee removed if they are not making use of the benefits of the TV service.  

Hope this helps

Now that’s interesting and adds a new dimension to this sage.

My A/C includes TV and it has done since 2013 when it was described as ‘TalkTalk Plus’.

So will I be charged the extra £4??

Benny.

I can create a new post if you wish.

Community Manager

Hey, 

I've moved your message to its own topic to avoid missing any questions you have. I take it you've not had the email yet? Without looking at your account it's difficult to answer 100% but that does sound like one of the legacy packages which had TV included as such you would see the charge as well as a credit to discount it until the end of the contract, but if you wait till the email arrives it will confirm this at the bottom of the email. 

Thanks 

benny55
Wizz Kid

@StephenF wrote:

Hey, 

I've moved your message to its own topic to avoid missing any questions you have. I take it you've not had the email yet? Without looking at your account it's difficult to answer 100% but that does sound like one of the legacy packages which had TV included as such you would see the charge as well as a credit to discount it until the end of the contract, but if you wait till the email arrives it will confirm this at the bottom of the email. 

Thanks 

Thank you for transferring my post.

Yes. Like others I have had what appears to be the generic email. Been through the ‘On-line Chat routine’ and had a similar experience to others, totally confused. Nothing on my email suggests a charge and credit procedure.

This is what appears to be the relevant section;

From 4th February 2019 TalkTalk TV will cost £4 a month, that’s just 13 pence a day. Your broadband package is covered by your Fixed Low Price Guarantee so we’ll never raise your broadband price during your contract. Any TV Boosts or discounts will not be impacted by this change. For more detail, visit our customer FAQs.

Thanks for being a valued TalkTalk TV customer.

Your TalkTalk Team

Make of that what you will.

Benny.

thisleenoble
First Timer

I'm about to call customer services about this. It's outrageous for them to suddenly charge an additional £4 for essentially what was previously an option (to have multi-room capability) which I neither need or want.

I only took out my fibre package 3 months ago and from the wording in the email it looks to me like they are attempting to sidestep the "no broadband price rises for the duration of your contract" by implying that TV is a separate cost. So TV can go from £0 to £4 overnight and users have no right to cancel because it's "not a hike in broadband costs". I dispute that because I pay for a package which includes Broadband, TV and Phone. I'd be interested to hear what Ofcom has to say about it too.

Hopefully I'll be back here with egg on my face later when it's clarified that it's not applicable to my package - hopefully, and all my pre-anger will have entirely down to poor wording in the email.

thisleenoble
First Timer

Ok, no egg on my face. They're essentially applying what was previously an optional charge for additional TV features to everybody who can't be bothered to ring up and whinge. What a terrific wheeze for shareholders this is. They know well that most people will either not notice or won't get around to complaining so they get to boost their coffers for no extra efffort.

I don't need multi-room cover and I've never bought an film on demand in my life so £5 off my "first one each month" is worth nothing to me.

Charge removed, features lost. Give them a call to stop them from ripping you off. And it goes without saying that you should check your bill next month to ensure they have definitely removed the charge.

DavidAtBingley
Chatterbox

I successfully argued with the call centre yesterday that the £4 increase could not legitimately be applied for the duration of my existing contract. I and I suspect many others bought our services as a package. I pay £25 a month for .faster fibre, TV and a phone line. They tried to argue that TV has been a ‘free’ service. That is news to me and I suspect is a rewriting of history to justify the £4 charge. If it was free, I was miss sold my service because I was under the clear impression I was buying a package. Either way, I win. TalkTalk either honour the contract they entered into with me or admit they miss sold the package and give me compensation. They have waived the £4 and my seprvice stays as it is until my contract ends. TalkTalk are a pretty dishonest company.

David from Bingley
benny55
Wizz Kid

@benny55 wrote:

@StephenF wrote:

Hey, 

Thanks 

Thank you for transferring my post.

Yes. Like others I have had what appears to be the generic email. Been through the ‘On-line Chat routine’ and had a similar experience to others, totally confused. Nothing on my email suggests a charge and credit procedure.

This is what appears to be the relevant section;

From 4th February 2019 TalkTalk TV will cost £4 a month, that’s just 13 pence a day. Your broadband package is covered by your Fixed Low Price Guarantee so we’ll never raise your broadband price during your contract. Any TV Boosts or discounts will not be impacted by this change. For more detail, visit our customer FAQs.

Thanks for being a valued TalkTalk TV customer.

Your TalkTalk Team

Make of that what you will.

Benny.

My post appears to have been lost in a number of other comments. So I need to kick this off again.

As my confidence in the abilities of your phone/online colleagues diminishes with every contact can you please process my cancelation request.

With immediate effect I wish to remove all and every TV associated boosts and fixed costs linked with my account.

Over time there has been a gradual erosion of benefits of being a TT customer. The recent loss of free SIM’s, additional charges for calling features and now with this TV standing charge it leaves just a Broadband and Landline service.  All of which makes my renewal decision all the simpler at the end of my contract.

Regards,

Benny.

Community Team

Hi Benny

I can remove the TV Access Fee for you and the TV starter Boost you have.

To do this, I'll drop you a PM to confirm some security info.

Thanks

Karl. 

benny55
Wizz Kid

Hi Karl,

I've replied to your PM.

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards,

Benny.

Community Team

Hi Benny

I've processed the request for you.

The TV starter boost will be removed shortly and no Access Fee will be applied in February.

Thanks

Karl. 

benny55
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Karl wrote:

Hi Benny

I've processed the request for you.

The TV starter boost will be removed shortly and no Access Fee will be applied in February.

Thanks

Karl. 

Thanks Karl.

As always you provide an excellent service to customers that have become totally frustrated by TT’s Chat line/phone personnel.

This will now save me £9 P/M, leave me with a single TT service making ISP switching decisions much simpler.

Regards,

Benny.

Community Team