Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Component Software Update to 3.6.236

ANSWERED
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I received an email yesterday advising of overnight update which basically moves Settings to the top of the screen in You View. Component Software should now show 3.6.236 instead of 3.6.216.

The update didn’t happen and when I try to update manually today I get messages either saying Your Software is up to date, or We can’t update your software or Apps. Try again later.

Any advice ?

Highlighted
Community Star

Are you sure the email said that? Updates are usually phased over a period of a few weeks, your box will it get when it's ready. 

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Getting the update
Your box will receive this update overnight and the changes  will be visible tomorrow morning. You can check if your box has taken the updates by going to Settings > Software Information. The values shown should read: 
-    Platform Config: 3.6.236 

Highlighted
Community Star

OK, my bad, that flies in the face of what is usually advised. The latest TalkTalk software is 3.6.248, can you advise which model of box you have? Are you on the Trials programme?

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi, Thanks for your replies. Box is Huawei DN372T

Think I may have registered for trials at some point .

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff
Solution

Hi

If you are a trialist or have had a replacement box at some point, then the update could be delayed to the box as this is often done in serial number order, but all boxes will be updated soon.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE