Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Contract renewal

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Popular Poster

My contract actually expires this weekend. I currently have Faster Fibre and the £8.50 Sky Sports boost. My Faster Fibre (FF from here on in) was discounted from £33.50 to £26.50 at my previous contract renewal. 

On contacting one of the Live Chat team tonight, I was offered renewal of the Sky Sports boost at £8.50 but FF would be charged at the full £33.50 so that's £7 per month or £84 per year increase straight off the bat. 

As my Sky Sports boost was due to expire early next month I informed the agent that I'd like to remove it at which point she offered me FF at £26.50 which is more than the £25.50 that's currently being promoted. I've subsequently noticed the New Year's Deal of £23.50.

Oh dear. Is it really company practice to offer renewal deals that are more expensive than current promotions? I would have phoned the Loyalty Team but when I called the main TT number there was so much background noise on the line I gave up for the evening, so I've plugged my landline phone in to charge up overnight (a service I haven't used in months but admittedly no fault of TT) and will attempt to negotiate again tomorrow.

On a side note, I'm yet another customer who's confused about the impending £4 TV charge. While I don't use TT TV directly (no desire to purchase movies or box sets), I do use On Demand services such as BBC iPlayer and All 4 occasionally. Would the latter be subject to the £4 charge? Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I've just realised that I've probably posted this in the wrong part of the community, so apologies for the newbie error.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Contract duly renewed for 24 months on the New Year's deal of £23.50 on Faster Fibre. Will open a separate thread regarding the £4 TV charge unless an OCE deems it easier to continue on this one.