would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Corona extras

ANSWERED
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Wise Owl

I've read that sky are giving all there customers extra channels because of Corona virus and people self isolating. Any chance Talk Talk going the same way. David

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi

I understand Sky customers will be able to buy or rent cinema movies on early release because the cinemas will not be able to show those movies.

Is that what you read also?

Sky Store is the outlet for those movies.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Wise Owl

Hi Gondola

Yes but they are offering Sky go extra box set and extra entertainment channels to those that don't have full Tv service. This is in several papers and online. David

Highlighted
Community Star

I haven't seen anything about extra channels, only "pausing" Sky Sports for those who have it. Do bear in mind that the majority of Sky customers will have a contractual obligation, whereas with TalkTalk you can cancel Boost channels after a minimum of 30 days.

Highlighted
Community Star

...Sky Go Extra free to Sky subscribers is the only 'new' announcement.

Sky announced on 29 January the spring launch of Sky Nature and Documentaries. Sky History is another new channel but it's just a rebranding of the existing History channel.

The three 'new' channels are part of the Now TV Entertainment pass.  Full Now TV is available on the TalkTalk TV Box so available to TalkTalk customers that are Now TV subscribers.

Is that what you read?

Highlighted
Community Star
Solution

In the meantime .... cheers!

UTB8wAG_iv2JXKJkSanrq6y3lVXaw.jpg

Highlighted
Wise Owl

Hi ferguson

The items I read stated there would be extra channels. This was reported by newspapers and picked up by the net. Checking on the Sky website it does seem to be only Sky Go. Must be fake news but it was nice to think it might of been. David

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Hi - FWIW - this is part of the notification I received from Sky on March 18th.

We're making Sky Go Extra available to all our customers for free, so busy homes will have access to Sky TV on three screens at the same time.

We're launching three new channels this Spring – Sky History, Sky Nature and Sky Documentaries – providing high quality factual programmes that can help educate as well as entertain.

Because going out to the cinema may not be possible for a while, we're bringing the cinema to you, by making a range of movies available in your home through Sky Store, on the same day as the global premieres. This will begin with DreamWorks Animation's Trolls World Tour on 6 April. This Friday, we are also launching Emma, The Invisible Man and The Hunt, which were just released in cinemas.

We're bringing YouTube kids and Disney+ to Sky Q in the coming weeks, so you and your family have even more entertainment choices.

While we expect that many of the recently postponed sports events will eventually go ahead, if you wish to pause your sports subscription you will not be charged a fee to do so or be held to any notice period. Meanwhile, we continue to provide high quality content across all of our 11 sports channels.

p.s. @ferguson have you ever actually tried to drink Corona Extra ? It makes Stella Artois taste good.

Highlighted
Community Star

@Garton2019 wrote:

p.s. @ferguson have you ever actually tried to drink Corona Extra ? It makes Stella Artois taste good.

Ha, that's why you stick a bit of lime in the neck of the bottle.  😎

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Garton2019 

I agree with your summary.

The Sky Go Extra to view on multiple screens is the main new feature along with Sky's early release of cinema movies to rent or buy.

Everything else has either already happened or was scheduled to happen and is just being packaged up in this announcement.

It would be nice to see something offered directly from TalkTalk wouldn't it?  

Highlighted
Community Star

Bear in mind also that Sky Store is available to all, not just Sky TV customers.