would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Could an OCE Check My Account Please?

ANSWERED
7 REPLIES 7
John_G
Wizz Kid

I've had the TV email, been on Chat and been told that I will not be charged for TalkTalk TV and that there will be no impact on my boosts.   Transcript extract below.

Could you confim that there will be no TalkTalk TV Charge and no impact on TV Boosts?

Thanks.

Niel: OK, I didn't think I could have the TV Boost without paying £4 extra

17:10, Jan 16

Niel: Are you sure I still have the £8.50 Sky Sports boost if I don't pay the £4 for TalkTalkTV?

17:12, Jan 16

Ntombokuqala:

Yes . you still get the same TV benefits

17:14, Jan 16

Niel: Would you like to check that, I think if I don't have TalkTalk TV for £4 then I lose access to TV Boosts as they are part of TalkTalk TV

17:15, Jan 16

Ntombokuqala:

I have advised that if you do not want the £4 charge you lose multiroom and £5 voucher to rent movies every month.

Niel: OK TalkTalk website says:

Niel: Unfortunately, you’ll lose access to any TV Boosts if you decide to leave TalkTalk TV.

17:16, Jan 16

Ntombokuqala:

You’ll continue to receive access to over 80 channels, to On Demand players and the ability to add and remove extra channels when you want to.

17:17, Jan 16

Niel: I want to continue to receive Sky Sports at £8.50 for the lenght of my contract please

17:18, Jan 16

Ntombokuqala:

You will.

Niel: Even without TalkTalk TV?

Ntombokuqala:

Yes.

17:19, Jan 16

Ntombokuqala:

Do you wish remove the charge and lose multiroom and the £5 voucher?

17:19, Jan 16

Niel: I don't have multi-room and don't want the voucher, so yes, as long as Sky Sports continues at £8.50 a month for the remainder of my contract

17:20, Jan 16

Niel: I'll just point out again that the TalkTalk website says "Unfortunately, you’ll lose access to any TV Boosts if you decide to leave TalkTalk TV."

Niel: So feel free to check with a colleague if you want!

Niel: I don't want to lose the TV Boost.

17:21, Jan 16

Ntombokuqala:

I can confirm that you will not lose any TV boosts , only if you remove TV as a whole.

17:21, Jan 16

Ntombokuqala:

Just to summarise I have filled a request to opt out of the TV charge , you will not be able to access multiroom or the £5 voucher. However you will access Freeview and add or remove tv boosts and other benefits you always had.

17:22, Jan 16

Niel: you say I lose TV boosts if I remove TV as a whole - isn't that what's happening, TV is being removed as a whole?

17:24, Jan 16

Ntombokuqala:

Not I am just filling a request to opt you out of the charge so you do not get charged as you not need multirrom and the voucher.

Ntombokuqala:

Things will continue as they are .

Niel: OK I'm happy to go ahead with that as long as there is no impact on the TV boosts. Thanks

17:25, Jan 16

Ntombokuqala:

Not a proble.

17:25, Jan 16

Ntombokuqala:

*Problem.

17:27, Jan 16

Ntombokuqala:

I have now filled a request to opt of the charge.

Niel: Thank you

Ntombokuqala:

Is there anything else that I can assist you with?

Niel: No, that's all thanks

17:28, Jan 16

Ntombokuqala:

Just to let you know, you can use My Account to make payments, view bill breakdowns and many more.

Niel: Thanks

Ntombokuqala:

Thank you for chatting with us today. Enjoy the rest of the day and take care. Bye!

Niel: Bye!

Info: Thank you for chatting with us.

andyd30
Popular Poster

I have just had pretty much the same conversation with a customer agent.  £4 charge per month waved and I will keep paying only for the boost I previously had on my account, so in effect no change (will see if there is any other impact once we are in February).

So much hassle for customers, I hope whoever came up with this idea in TalkTalk towers is satisfied.

John_G
Wizz Kid

I can see you're busy @OCE_Karl but would you be able to confirm that I will not be charged the TalkTalk TV £4 fee and that there will be no impact on my ability to receive TV Boosts?

The chat agent confirmed this 4 times in the chat transcript in the first message in this thread, but I just wanted to be sure.

Thank you!

Community Team

Hi John_G

Notes on your account show that the TV Charge removal has been submitted by the agent.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
John_G
Wizz Kid

Thanks.

Could you confirm the agent's assertion that the removal of the TV charge will have no impact on TV Boosts?

Community Team
Solution

Hi 

It does say this in the notes on the account.

Thanks

Karl. 

John_G
Wizz Kid

Great, thanks Karl.  Hope they're paying you overtime! :smileyface:

Community Team

No Problem 🙂

They're certainly keeping be busy.

Karl