cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

DG633 update to 1.22 and TV bug

30 REPLIES
Freda
Conversation Starter

I see there are now quite a few posts where people are reporting that the TV light goes out on their router and they have to reboot it to get the internet to connect to their TalkTalk YouView box again.

Has this now been accepted as a bug caused by the 1.22 software update and if so, when can we expect a fix?

Thanks.

ferguson
Community Star

Are you having a specific problem yourself?

Freda
Conversation Starter

Yes.

I have changed the sleep setting on my TalkTalk box so that it is now "always ready" and that has helped as it was failing to reconnect when it came out of "deep sleep" in the morning. Since I did that a couple of days ago, I have only had to reboot the router once.

ferguson
Community Star

Why are you having to reboot the router?

Freda
Conversation Starter

I have already written this up in an older post but in a nutshell, when the TalkTalk box comes out of deep sleep in the morning it does not connect to the internet and the TV light on the router remains off.

The only resolution is a reboot of the router and then it is fine until the next day,

ferguson
Community Star

Is the box connected directly via ethernet cable, or using powerline adapters?

Freda
Conversation Starter

By an ethernet cable.

Community Team

Hi Freda

Apologies for this.

I've raised this issue to our Products Team who are looking into this further. I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Freda
Conversation Starter

Thank you. :-)

F.

Community Team

Hi Freda

Our Products Team have some more questions:

Which TV set box do you have? (model number)

What devices are connected to the line when you experience this issue and are any of them in use? 

When you can't connect do you get a page can't be displayed message or does the page/app just show loading?

Was the internet light red on the router?

If you wait for a couple of minutes are you then able to connect without rebooting the router?

Thanks

Debbie

Freda
Conversation Starter

Our Products Team have some more questions:

My answer - happy to help and if I can do any tests or answer any other questions, please ask.

Which TV set box do you have? (model number)

My answer - Huawei DN372T.01.01.P 

What devices are connected to the line when you experience this issue and are any of them in use? 

My answer - I have wire connections to my desktop, to a Humax PVR and to the TalkTalk TV Box. I have wifi to a laptop, a printer, a Nintendo 3DS, a smartphone, a fire tablet, a fire stick and a kindle.

Always on - destop computer, printer, fire stick. Generally off - laptop. Could be either - Humax, 3DS, smartphone, fire tablet and kindle.

So odds are, when I turn on the TalkTalk TV box in the morning, the desktop and printer are the only other devices that are on but the 3DS, smartphone and Humax may also be on.

The only constant I have found so far is the first turn on after the TV box has come out of Deep Sleep - it 100% never connects to the Internet and 100% the TV light on the router is out. If I change the TV box settings to "always ready" so it never goes into deep sleep overnight, the problem does not seem to occur.

When you can't connect do you get a page can't be displayed message or does the page/app just show loading?

My answer - the TalkTalk TV box complains that it is not connected to the internet and will not allow me to search, use catch up TV nor will it give me details of TV shows.

Was the internet light red on the router?

My answer - No. All lights are green except the TV light, which is off. 

If you wait for a couple of minutes are you then able to connect without rebooting the router?

My answer - No, but I have not measured how long I have left it. Maybe 10 minutes?

Community Team

Hi Freda,

Thanks for confirming this. I've passed the additional information over to our Products Team and we'll let you know as soon as we receive an update back.

Thanks

Ian05
Repeat Guest

Hi all

sorry to jump in on someone else's thread but I received my TalkTalk TV plus box the other day and am having the same issues.

Connection is maintained until the box goes into deep sleep, then the next morning the box won't connect to the internet, the only way to reconnect is to switch off the TV box, reboot the router. And turn the box back on. I also have the DG633 router.

Freda
Conversation Starter

Please - jump in. :-)

The more reports the merrier as it gives the folks who do the software more info to work with.

F.

Community Team

Hi Freda

Could you factory reset your router for me using the pinhole reset so I can connect to your router?

Thanks

Debbie

Freda
Conversation Starter

OK - I have just done that.

F.

Community Team

Hi Freda

Thank you :-)

I've made a slight change to a setting, please can you retest and let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

Freda
Conversation Starter

Router has rebooted. I will let you know how it goes.

F.

Community Team

Hi Freda

Thank you. If you could let us know as soon as possible as this will help our Products Team with their investigations.

Debbie

Freda
Conversation Starter

I will report back tomorrow.

F.