cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DN370T Major Problems

9 REPLIES 9
Popular Poster

We’ve been having issues with our DN370T  box for quite a while now.

Initially the problem was that it would occasionally stop responding to input.

The live TV feed, or recording, would continue to play but the box would take no input so I couldn't change channel or do anything.

The only solution was to turn the box off and allow it to restart. In addition it often freezes during playback and although it shows the program has fully recorded it won’t progress past the freeze. 

it has frozen and we've lost the recording more often and now seems to be one out of three programs freezes on us. Also it has become extremely sluggish to operate. 

Right now it's taking anything up to 5 seconds between pushing the remote button and the desired function which makes using the talktalk painful at times. 

it has now reached the stage where the box continually freezes, then the only solution is to reboot which takes about 10 minutes every time. In addition, almost every recording fails.

We’ve been through the usual troubleshooting and maintenance procedures without any success.

We’ve been a customer for over 12 years now and this box is the original box from when it was installed about 6 years ago. Is it possible to have the box replaced?

Many thanks.

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @mojacarlady

I'll get the box replaced for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Popular Poster

Many thanks.

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Popular Poster

Many thanks for replacement box, unfortunately the remote control is only working on and off. have replaced batteries but this has not improved the usage. Main problem is a lack of response from the box when a button on the remote is pressed, ie, fast forward and stop or rewind. Nothing happens.

Do you have any suggestions please?

Hi

I'll get a new remote out so we are sure this is not the issue.

Thanks

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

Popular Poster

Hi OCE_Karl,

Many thanks for replacement box and remote control. everything now working ok.

One happy TT customer. Great service.

Hi

Glad to be of service 🙂

Regards

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

First Timer

We are having exactly the same problem we have had online chats but the issue is still there, can anyone help us please 

Community Star

Hi @Lyle1234 

Could you please start your own thread for support as each problem is individual and needs investigating separately.

IMPORTANT

Could you please also ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Launch Profile Wizard,put your phone number in box, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save) Only you and the OCE's can view this information.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.