Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DN372 faied recordings

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

My box has regularly failed to record when in smart standby in the last few weeks, sometimes it does record part of a programme. I have done a factory reset (keep recordings) and updated the software and players apps. Signal strength is always 65% approx. and quality 100%. I have spoken to support several times and am seeking further help.

Chris

Highlighted
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi novelty

The box is a few years old also, so I'll swap this out and see if this helps.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

That seems the best solution, it has also been starting recordings early and missing ends off, I have recorded the same programmes on my Panasonic box with no issues so it seems unlikely to be the broadcast. What do I have to do to get the replacement?

Thank you very much for your speedy helpful response

Chris

Highlighted

Hi Chris

The replacement is on the way.  Should arrive in 24-48hrs.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Karl

Many thanks

The box has arrived will send the old one back, just a couple of programmes to watch off it. The new one did not come with a remote so will keep the old one.

Once again many thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Karl

The new box has failed to record the first thing set. It was in smart stand by and failed to record Pale Horse BBC1 HD CH101 21.00 - 22.00. My other Panasonic box recorded it no problems.. Seems very odd a new box is doing exactly what the old one started doing a few weeks ago.

Chris

Highlighted

Hi Chris

Try a full factory reset from the settings menu so this will make sure the hard drive is fully clear and set up correctly.

Then try a couple of test recordings and see if they work.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Conversation Starter

Hi Karl

I had to do a factory reset when I first set up the box as it got stuck.

I will try another full reset. It all seems very odd as my Panasonic box and a Toshiba box have no problems (same aerial system) and the Talktalk box was fine until 2-3 weeks ago and now this new box is having the same issues. Was there some software update a few weeks ago? none of it makes ant sense to me!

Thanks for your help, old box posted back today.

Chris

Highlighted

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Karl

I did a factory reset do not keep recordings. The box only recorded 2 seconds of the programme it was supposed to be recording tonight This is something the old box had started doing along with failure to record. It really appears this box exhibits all the problems the previous one had.. Where do I go from here? I cant think of anything else I can do.

Kind Regards

Chris

Highlighted

Hi Chris

All we can do is swap out the box to see if it is at fault.

Thanks

Karl

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Karl

you swapped the box last week, are you suggesting another swap?

I have noticed in the forum I am not the only one experiencing the very same symptoms I have had on my previous box (started 3/4 weeks ago) and the replacement, ie failed recordings and only the first few seconds recorded of programmes so it seems unlikely to be the hardware. It is also unlikely to be the broadcast/reception as I now have my Panasonic Freeview PVR shadowing the Talktalk box and it has not had the slightest problem. I can only thank you for your quick response and the replacement box but I really want to resolve this issue as the box is really is not much use apart from using it for catch up.

Kind Regards

Chris

Highlighted

Hi

As we have replaced the box, all I can do is feed this back to our devices team. There is nothing we can change on the box remotely.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Karl

I have now received a 3rd box and can confirm this is failing to record too. Last instance last night, BBC1 HD Ch 101 21.00 Last Tango In Halifax, complete failure to record.

Please can you keep me informed of any progress with the devices team. I have been contacted by many other people with exactly the same issue.

Kind Regards

Chris

Highlighted

Hi

YouView have also seen a couple of reports from other providers and are investigating.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Any updates on when this is likely to be solved? I think it must be a youview issue as the two other boxes I have although Freeview are not Youview and have had no issues with the same programmes the Talktalk box failed to record or partially recorded.

Highlighted

Hi

The issue has been seen across different model YouView boxes and with different suppliers. 

It is under investigation and the teams are working towards a resolution.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I thought I had a week with no failed recordings but noticed Only Connect BBC2HD 20.00 Monday failed. This has been 2 months now and quite widespread, are we anywhere near a solution?

Highlighted

Hi novelty,

Sorry for the delay. I'll ask Karl if there are any updates on this and we'll post back once we know more.

Thanks