cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Engineer visit failed - Left two elderly vulnerable people unable to see family or order essential

35 REPLIES 35
Highlighted
Team Player

A Talk Talk engineer was supposed to install broadband today for my elderly vulnerable parents.

He called to say the road was closed. I explained that he could make a two minute detour to gain access. He said no, he'd already given the job back to Talk Talk and was on route to his next job, he wasn't prepared to try again. I explained that my parents were elderly and vulnerable, he said sorry but he wasn't prepared to try to help. He said he was working on strict instructions from Open Reach. "He was not to enter the property" 

I don't understand why this comment is relevant to him changing his route slightly to get there?

I thought that Open Reach / Talk Talk were prioritising vulnerable elderly people.

Please can someone help with this situation?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Basil1010 

I have escalated this for OCE support for you and they will respond here.

IMPORTANT

Could you please ensure that the community profile includes their PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to the account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Launch Profile Wizard,put the relevant phone number in box, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Highlighted
Team Player
Community Star

@Basil1010 

Thanks. It will however take some time, maybe a couple of days as South Africa is in total lockdown where the call centres are, so there are currently none of them and as you can imagine it's gone crazy here, we are all mucking in and clearing them as fast as possible.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Openreach still have the install order open on their side.  This will be re-appointed and openreach are prioritising 'at risk' customers.

We are unable to give a date as yet until Openreach update the order.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Team Player

Dear Karl 

Thanks for your reply. 

I have been in contact with Open reach concerning leaving two elderly vulnerable people unable to see family or order essentials.

Here is Open reach's reply ; Openreach Case C21680744 

Hi there,
I’m sorry to hear you’re waiting for your service to be installed, I know how important it is to have a working connection for everything we do nowadays.

The best people to speak to about any update on this will be your communication provider (the company you pay your bill to). The reason for this, is that we don’t hold any personal information for you, which means we’re unable to verify you as the account holder – so this is for your own protection.

Your communication provider holds all your personal details and they’ll be able to check on this for you and give you the latest info. If they need to get in touch with us, they can and will do so on your behalf, to resolve this.

This mailbox isn’t monitored, but if you do need to speak to us you can by coming through on our eChat between 8am-8pm Mon-Sun - opnr.ch/chat
Thank you,

It clearly states the Talk Talk needs to activate a new appointment, please can you action this immediately.

I appreciate the kind concern you have already shown and your commitment to resolving this issue quickly.

Kind Regards 

Highlighted
Team Player

Still no reply from Talk Talk or Open Reach, even though they are tweeting that the elderly and vulnerable are their priority.

PLEASE TALK TALK - the engineer failed to go to the address yesterday, you need to re-book the slot urgently with Open Reach and communicate clearly to them that this appointment is a high priority.

This fact had already been noted on the account by your call handler last week.

Highlighted
Team Player

Re- Posting in the hope that someone from Talk Talk will take ownership and deal with this.

Still no reply from Talk Talk or Open Reach, even though they are tweeting that the elderly and vulnerable are their priority.

PLEASE TALK TALK - the engineer failed to go to the address yesterday, you need to re-book the slot urgently with Open Reach and communicate clearly to them that this appointment is a high priority.

This fact had already been noted on the account by your call handler last week.

Highlighted
Team Player

Still no response from Talk Talk or Open Reach TWO ELDERLY PEOPLE LEFT UNABLE TO ORDER FOOD OR SEE FAMILY.

In the media they are advertising that they are prioritising the vulnerable elderly, no evidence of that here.

Highlighted
Community Star

@Basil1010 

This has been actioned asap. As soon as @OCE_Karl Hears anything he will reply to you.

Every time that you chase on here the system knocks you to the back of the queue.

Please only post in reply to an OCE.

Thanks.

Highlighted

Hi Basil1010

I've checked the openreach notes and this has advised we contact their teams to re-appoint.

The usual methods of communication to BT are down presently, so no call centers operating for them at the moment.

I've reached out to my network colleagues to see if we can escalate this to them directly.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted

Hi @Basil1010

I've been in touch with our teams who are going to escalate to BT to re-appoint however they need to provide some info to Openreach before this can be done.

Can you please confirm that no one in the property has been diagnosed with Covid 19 ?

Can you confirm that no one has symptoms of Covid 19 ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Karl 

My parents have been self-isolating to stay safe since the 16th of March.

Neither of them have Covid-19 or any symptoms of the symptoms.

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.

Kind Regards 

Highlighted

Hi

Sorry for the delay in reply, I've taken this back to our teams confirming this, and they are going to ask BT to re-appoint the visit.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Karl

Do you have an update from your team ?

Kind Regards 

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Karl

TWO ELDERLY VULNERABLE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO ORDER SHOPPING OR SEE FAMILY, THE INSTALLATION WAS BOOKED ON THE 8/3/2020 for 30/3/2020

SINCE THEN TALK TALK AND OPEN REACH ADVERTISE THAT THEY ARE PRIORITISING THE VULNERABLE ELDERLY - NO EVIDENCE OF THAT HERE!

I have spoken to Open reach via email, there is no issue contacting them, they replied on the same day they are waiting for Talk Talk to make contact with customer details.

Do you have an update from your team?  

Kind Regards 

Highlighted

Hi

No update as yet.  I've emailed the team to chase this up but I may not get a reply until tomorrow.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted

Hi @Basil1010

The original installation visit could not proceed as the road was closed.

I have heard back from openreach who are asking the following :

Is the road still closed preventing access ?

Does the customer have an existing phone socket in the house ?

Can you find out and get back to me asap please.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Karl 

The road is open.

There is an old phone line just outside the property.

There is no phone socket inside.

Please can you advise when Open Reach will install?

I understand from the press releases they will still install for elderly vulnerable people.

Kind Regards

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Karl

Please can you advise status?

Kind Regards