cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Engineer visit failed - Left two elderly vulnerable people unable to see family or order essential

Highlighted
Team Player

This situation is becoming extremely distressing to these elderly vulnerable frightened people. 

HERE'S OPEN REACH  PRESS RELEASE;(It's clear the installation should proceed)

Re: Engineer visit failed - Left two elderly vulnerable people unable to see family or order essenti

Just checked Open Reach policy, according to this engineer should have installed today;

BT's Openreach says it will no longer install new broadband connections when a home visit is involved.

The division, which runs the broadband network for a range of internet service providers, says it will now focus its efforts on other "essential work".

It means work to switch customers between suppliers will not be done if it requires engineers to enter a customer's house or flat.

But exceptions will be made for "vulnerable" users such as the elderly.

In addition, those who lack access to either a broadband or telephone connection may still be served.

In these cases, the firm's engineers will be provided with protective equipment to reduce the risk of catching and spreading the virus.

Openreach says it will attempt to complete planned work when it does not involve entering premises. That means a failure in a streetside cabinet affecting a number of homes would still be fixed.

In addition, some customers will be able to install the necessary home equipment themselves.

"A large amount of the work we do can be completed outside, and we can often fix problems without entering a customer's property," explained a spokesman.

"So, we're advising our engineers not to complete any work inside a property unless it would leave a vulnerable customer with no form of connection, and it's not possible to provide one by any other means."

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Sorry for the delay, this has been passed back via our provisioning teams to progress.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Team Player

This situation is becoming extremely distressing for these elderly vulnerable, frightened people. 

Is there an update from your team? 

We are all extremely upset and disappointed that this situation has been left without any action for so long. 

@OCE_Karl @fre55die 

Engineer visit failed - Left two elderly vulnerable people unable to see family or order shopping.

Highlighted

Hi

Not had a reply as yet from the team, but I've checked the order on the Openreach system and this is now showing a date of 16th April for install..

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Team Player

@OCE_Karl @fre55die 

Left two elderly vulnerable people - unable to see family or order shopping

I received an email from Talk Talk confirming the installation date of the 16th of April followed by a second email confirming the new installation date of the 1st June!

This an extremely desperate situation and is not providing the level of care and protection that Open Reach has promised in their press release.

Please can you contact Open Reach and ask them to install it on the 16th of April or sooner.

Highlighted
Team Player

@OCE_Karl @fre55die 

Here is the reply from Open Reach DM Twitter 

We will manage the availability of our engineers but the communication provider will have a process to follow if they deem their customer is in a vulnerable category. they will then have processes to follow to expedite the order. We work to the request of your provider within the boundaries of safety to the public and our staff. If I could assist I most certainly would but this is a matter for the communication provider to manage at this stage. Please don't take this as me turning you away, this is purely the correct process to follow. ^David

Please can Talk Talk and Open Reach communicate to provide an earlier date.

Highlighted
Team Player

Reply from Andy - Talk Talk Twitter

We would recommend you advise Karl about this on your thread as he has been case managing your complaint Jennie. I have advise Karl of this and requested her get in touch. Thanks, Andy

Highlighted

Hi

The BT order is now showing as 1st June and they have rescheduled this one again.

Just some follow up questions, I know there is no phone socket in the property, as confirmed earlier, do they have a Mobile for contact?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Karl 

They do not have a mobile connection.

Highlighted

Hi

OK,  I'll push this back to Openreach to progress.  

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted

Hi

Our teams have advised that they are included in the current email chain with BT, they have confirmed to their teams internally that the road is clear and this should be picked up and progressed.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted

Hi @Basil1010

Openreach have now confirmed the visit for 16th AM (8-1).

Please ensure the Customer observes all social distancing requirements when the engineer attends.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Team Player

@OCE_Karl 

Thank you Karl

That's the best news since this lockdown started, it will give them the ability to keep in touch, it will help them to feel loved and included, we all really appreciate your help.

🙂

Highlighted

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Team Player

@OCE_Karl @fre55die 

I wanted to say a huge thanks to you Karl for all your help, my parents are now connected, it's already made a huge difference, their spirits are well and truly lifted, thank you. The Open Reach engineer went above and beyond to install today. We are all very grateful.

Highlighted

Hi

No Problem 🙂

Just glad our Community was able to help.

Karl 

Working From Home Tips