cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Entertainment boost does not work

89 REPLIES 89
Conversation Starter

All the TV channels that come with my Entertainment boost are not accessible. My phone & broadband are working fine and streaming via iPlayer & similar channels works perfectly. I’ve been in contact via Chat but got absolutely nowhere. My problem was supposedly ‘escalated’ but it’s still not working. 

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Your account settings look ok, no obvious issues.

Do you see the channels listed in the guide ?

When you try to watch one of the channels, what is shown on screen, any error messages etc?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Conversation Starter

Yes, all the channels are listed in the guide. When selected, the name of the channel appears at the bottom of the screen followed by a long pause. Then a message appears on my screen saying that there is a problem with this channel and I should restart the router. Error IPC6023. I’ve restarted the router several times but to no avail

Hi

I've tested the broadband side of things to have a look at the fibre connection and this is currently affected by a network event (outage) on the BT side that is causing some issues with your connection.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Conversation Starter

What does that mean for me exactly? Streaming/catchup TV are not affected and all work perfectly. I haven't been able to access my Entertainment boost channels for at least a week now - it could be months as I'm not exactly sure when they stopped working.

Hi

There is an outage on the network on the BT side that is affecting your line / circuit.

IPTV channels are more sensitive than catchup TV etc as they use a protocol called IGMP.  Think of this like a signal piggybacking on top of the normal internet signal.  The catchup TV will use the normal internet signal but live TV channels use this secondary signal and it can be affected more easily than the other.

I'll need to raise this to networks to see if they can get more info from BT as to the nature of the disruption.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Hi

Just a further update, our network teams are also seeing a failure on one of their line tests so have logged this to a non appointed engineer.  This means there will be an engineer out to look at the line, but does not need an appointment to come to the house.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Conversation Starter

Thank you. I look forward to everything being up and running soon

Hi kfos2009

I've requested an update on this fault from our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Conversation Starter
Thank you

Hi kfos2009

Our Network Team have advised that this fault is still under investigation with BT Openreach and we should have further updates on Monday. Apologies for the delay.

Thanks

Debbie

Conversation Starter

Entertainment boost channels are still not working. Same error message IPC6023. 

Hi

The main BT test is now showing clear but we can still see an earth fault on the line.

Our network teams have escalated this to out TV teams to also take a look but they may decide to proceed with an appointed BT Openreach.

If this is required they will ask for your availability so I'll try to get that out of the way in preparation.

I'll send you a PM of the info required.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Hi kfos2009

Networks have advised to swap out the router also to make sure there is nothing wrong with this, so one is on the way.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Conversation Starter

The new router does not make any difference. Exactly the same thing happens when I try and select any of my boost channels. I might as well cancel this boost as I have now been paying extra for it for several months now and receiving nothing.

Conversation Starter

If this is not resolved soon, I will cancel my subscription and will be seeking a refund for all the months I have not been able to access the service.

Hi

We did send out a wifi hub in March, but you did not come back to us to advise if this worked or not, so this has obviously caused a delay to any resolution.

I will pass this over to networks now to progress this towards a multicast engineer.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Hi

Networks have now raised this to BT for a multicast engineer to attend the exchange.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Conversation Starter
I now have no broadband at all and for some reason the live chat has been disabled so I can’t contact anybody

Hi

There is currently an issue at your exchange causing Total Loss of phone and broadband services.

This has been raised under Incident ref  75952

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips