Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Entertainment boost does not work

Conversation Starter

My phone is working fine; just absolutely no Broadband

Conversation Starter

Entertainment boost channels STILL do not work. This has been going on for months now and nobody seems to be concerned. It doesn’t see fair that I am paying for channels that I can not watch due to some fault. 

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi kfos2009

I'm sorry to hear this.

Is the broadband fault still present?

Thanks

Debbie

Conversation Starter

No. Broadband is absolutely fine now.

Hi kfos2009

Thanks for your reply.

What error code do you receive when trying to view the Boost channels?

Debbie

Conversation Starter

IPC6023

Hi

I've a replacement TV box on the way so the box can be ruled out.  This should arrive in the next day or two.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Conversation Starter

Received the new TV box but am still getting the same error code IPC6023 when I try and select any of my Entertainment boost channels.

When I go to MyTV, I can watch my boost programmes on demand, but I cannot watch them live. 

This seemed to start when I had a problem with my telephone line many months ago. You sent an engineer (probably Openreach) who corrected the telephone fault outside but somehow ruined my Entertainment boost channel viewing.

Hi

I've passed this over to networks to progress towards an engineer.  They are detecting a bridge tap, a fault on the voice circuit, so have asked if they are going to clear this first before sending a multicast engineer. 

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Hi

Networks are sending out an engineer tomorrow AM (8-1) to look at the brigetap issue.  These can cause an issue with the signal.  Will you or someone be available if the engineer needs to retest.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Conversation Starter

I'm out briefly between 8 & 9 but otherwise I will be available. Will they need to access the house?

Hi

They may need access to retest once they clear the bridge tap.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Conversation Starter

OK, the engineer has been and sorted out the bridgetap issue. He's tested the phone lines and made sure everything is set up correctly. However, I still cannot access my Entertainment boost channels. The error IPC6023 is still present. What next?

Hi

I've taken this back to networks requesting we get an Openreach Multicast engineer out to the exchange to confirm they can see multicast traffic (TV) at the port.

I'll let you know as soon as they confirm.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Hi

I've had it confirmed that this has been passed to BT Openreach for a Multicast engineer.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Hi

Multicast engineer has advised that port configuration is correct and multicast traffic can be seen.  I've passed this back to networks asking if our NOC teams can look at the network and VLAN configuration to see if there are any issues.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Hi kfos2009

Can you power off all equipment for 30 minutes to fully clear the session then power on, and after 10 minutes, when all is back on line, please retest.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Conversation Starter

Just done as you asked and unfortunately, there is no change. I still get error code IPC6023 on my Entertainment boost channels.

Hi

Can I just double check, are you testing the TV box wired direct to the Router or via powerline adapters ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Conversation Starter

Yes, the TV box is wired directly to the router