cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Entertainment boost does not work

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Excellent, thanks, I'm just going over all my diagnostics and rechecking everything.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Hi

Everything has been double checked here. Our NOC teams have checked the network config from our side and this shows all ok.  Openreach side is still showing the active channels as zero.

I've passed this back to networks asking for a 2nd multicast engineer to test the circuit and also asked if a lift and shift would be a considered incase the port is at fault.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Hi

Ok, our teams here have removed all registered TV boxes from the back end system.

They have asked that you power off the router for 30 minutes to fully clear the current session.  Power back on and make sure the TV box is switched on.  Go to MORE TV and select some boost content.  This forces a subscription check.

Then go to one of the entertainment channels and retest and see if this shows or gives the same error.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Conversation Starter

Selecting boost content on demand works fine, but trying to view one of the entainment channels live, does not. Same error 6023.

Hi

Networks have asked if you can perform a factory reset of the TV box from the settings menu then retest.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Conversation Starter

Will this delete all my recordings?

Hi

It will, or you can try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Conversation Starter

Just did the reset (keep recordings) and the error code still appears when I try and select the channel. All the on demand boost content in MyStuff is there, so it recognises that I do have a subscription to the Entertainment channels

Hi

Ok,  I've confirmed all this to networks and asked them for the next option.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Hi

We need to get one of our engineers out for further testing.  Are you available on Saturday for one of our engineers.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Conversation Starter

No, I’m away all weekend. Monday would be OK

Hi

Engineer booked in Monday 12-3pm.  Instructions added for engineer to fully retest with all new equipment.  

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Hi

An openreach visit is required as we are asking for a full service assure for multicast services on the line.

What day is best.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Conversation Starter

I'm out for the rest of the week so it will have to be next week. Tuesday 9th is OK for me?

Hi

Ok, I've requested the 9th and will reply as soon as this is confirmed.

Karl

Working From Home Tips

Hi

Networks sent out a multicast engineer yesterday to check things out - did the engineer call at your property.  This is not made clear in their notes.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Conversation Starter
I was not at home and so I do not know if they called at my home or not. I will be back this evening

Ok, I'll pass this back to Openreach just in case so I can keep things moving.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Conversation Starter

I've just switched off the router for 30 minutes and did a factory reset on the TV box. Nothing has changed; I still get error 6023 when I try and view my subscription channels.

Hi

I've sent this over to networks to ask the home visit goes ahead as previously discussed.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips