cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Entertainment boost does not work

Conversation Starter

Can they specify what time roughly as I can't wait around all day? Early morning would be best.

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi 

it's difficult to be specific with Openreach as they will only give us a timeslot and not an exact time.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Conversation Starter

Well, like I said, I can't wait in all day. When they have given you a time slot, please let me know. Thanks

Hi

Networks have been looking at this and following on from the last multicast engineer they had out they have asked if you can power down the router for 30 minutes then power all back on and leave the TV Box on channel 900 so they can retest from here.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Conversation Starter

OK. I'll turn the router off now and let you know when I have the TV box on 900.

Conversation Starter

OK. The TV box is now on Channel 900

Hi

I've updated networks to retest.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Conversation Starter

How long do I have to leave it on Channel 900? It is just displaying the same error message (6023) as it does for my boost channels.

Hi

You can change this over now.  Networks are looking at this, but I'm also looking at this from a different angle.  I've discovered that there is no TV box showing as registered against your customer account but is showing as registered in the TV database, so this is very strange.  I've just raised this through to one of our developers to have a look from this side whilst our networks look from their side.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Hi 

I've had one of the developers tracing the communication journey through the systems and he advises that the IPTV system is not passing on the TV Box data across to the accounts system.

They have asked if you can try a full factory reset of the TV box and then set this back up to see if it will create a fresh registration entry in the database so they can see if it is then passed across to the accounts system.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Conversation Starter

Just doing the reset now. I'll let you know when it's up and running again.

Excellent.  Thanks for doing this, I know what a nightmare this journey has been.

I've also raised this over to our vendor to look for any reason the information is not being pushed to us from the TV systems.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Conversation Starter

TV box is up and running again but still no joy with the boost channels. It's still the same error unfortunately. 

The problem is so weird. When I first took out my subscription, everything worked perfectly. Then my phone stopped working. Openreach did something to the telegraph pole outside my house and fixed it. After this was fixed, the boost channels didn't work anymore and haven't since.

Hi

Thanks for the reset, I'll ask our software developer to take a look now and see if he can see the box details showing.

I don't think this is related to any work on your line.  I'm looking at the same issue for another customer, with the same identical symptoms.

It's a very unique problem that I've never seen before so I'll see what our vendor can see from their side.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Hi

The vendor is looking at the logs for this.

Make sure you go to MORE TV on the box and choose some on demand content as this will refresh any subscription info on the box.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Conversation Starter

OK. Done. Just put something on from Sky One On Demand. This works fine.

Had a call from someone at TalkTalk and they are sending another TalkTalk Engineer tomorrow to test 'other stuff'. Personally I think this is a waste of time but hey ho.

Hi

Yeah, an engineers is not going to resolve this.

Our guy here has said he can see the new registration in the back end system and is tracing to see why it is not getting pushed across to the account system.

The issue is that it will take him a little time as the system does not push this instantly but pushes the update through twice a day.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Conversation Starter

OK. Well the engineer isn't coming until between 12 and 3 tomorrow so you might have solved it by then. 🙂

Hi

I hope to have something by then.  

We have a bi weekly conference call with the platform vendors and the next one is tomorrow so this will be getting discussed.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Conversation Starter

Excellent. Keep me posted. Many thanks