Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Entertainment package old

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi all, I subscribed to the Nowtv channel today and tried to cancel the old entertainment subscription which is going up to £12 in November. Every time I try to cancel I select confirm and it takes me to another page that says. " Sorry, we can't bring you to the page you are after..."

So I don't know if it has been cancelled or not. It is still on my screen, so is the new Nowtv, but that wants me to take a free trial now too. So what should I do please?

D_LINK DSL-2680 has improved my quality of Internet usage at last.
Highlighted
Community Star

Phone LOYALTY in the morning to say that you need to discuss the details of the account and tell them exactly what you want to scrap and what you want to keep. 

03451 720046, after 9am. SATURDAY 

Or use Chat: Saturday/Sunday from links on this page, @zem70darin:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Gliwmaeden2
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi Thank you for your answer. I will do that maybe later after I see if any updates have been sent to my TalkTalk box. I thought as I had logged into my account though that it could be done simply in there. It does give you the opportunity with taking the tick out of the box applying then confirming which I did.

Below is what I was sent after I signed up for NowTV

"If you’re on an offer or a free trial, you’ll start paying the regular price when your offer or trial period ends. To see details of exactly what you’ll be charged and when, log in to My Account and head to Passes & vouchers"

I have yet to find in my account the words "Passes and Vouchers"

Could you please let me know where I find them.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Thank you for phone number, have now sorted it all out. Thank you

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Glad you have been able to sort things out.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Well at least I thought I had sorted it out over the phone, but looking in my account it says I have a payment overdue £39.50.

How could that possibly happen when I pay by direct debit and all I did was cancel my entertainment boost over the phone to save me the £12.  I took out the TalkTalk NowTv package and paid £5.99 with my credit card, the same as I do with Amazon Prime and Netflix without any problems from them.

The trouble with talking over the phone, I was passed around to talk to different departments, that need to sort things out properly with my direct debit payment. I expect my direct debit to be changed to the right amount for this month. I was told this would now be £39.50.

Highlighted
Community Star

If it is on or around your billing date then that "overdue" message should disappear within the next few hours. it is a long-standing bug which has unnecessarily alarmed far too many customers over the years. Yes it really has been that long, with no sign of a fix.

Highlighted

Hi

Boosts are charged on a monthly basis, and depending on when the bill is produced, a charge for the boost would appear on the bill if it has already been produced, with any credits added back on the next bill.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Thank you for that bit of news re bug with outstanding payment. Now what I really want to know are TalkTalk charging me the £5.99 for the NowTV boost I took up with their offer on my direct debit payment, or am I going to be paying for it twice with my credit card payment too? Also it doesn't show in my account that Nowtv is a boost on my TV package. So confusing with their website. It says you can add boosts, but when it comes to cancelling them it just doesn't work, it leads you to a Sorry page and that is why I had to phone them in the first place. Really.

They should try and fix the web page so customers can do what it is telling them they can do on it, but you can't.

Highlighted

Hi

The payment for Now TV is directly with Now TV.   We have issues a voucher code via My Account that we have acquired from Now TV, but any payments you make are to Now TV directly so will not show in My Account or on any TalkTalk billing.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
Thank you Karl that eases my mind. I didn't want to see two payments.
Highlighted

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips