would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Error IPC6011

23 REPLIES
Needhelp2
Participant

Hi, 

Having yet more issues with TalkTalk TV....

Would appreciate any help urgently please as have spent lots of time to customer services who don't seem to know what the problem is and don't have time to sit on the phone all night.

I've subscribed to BT sports and at first the picture was very jumpy and pixelated and basically unwatchable. Now the channels won't go on at all and I'm getting the broadband error 'IPC6011 there is a broadband which is affecting BT Sport'.

The same thing happened when I got Sky Sports and an engineer had to be sent out to speed up the broadband. Sky SPorts is now working but I'm not sure if my broadband is fast enough for BT? 

BT need a minimum speed of over 6mb to work and I was promised over speed this as a minimum when I signed up with TalkTalk. 

Please can you help asap? Tried resetting the router / tv box etc. 

Thanks 

Community Team

Hi

Speeds are low.  Do you have a Test Socket?   If so, connect the router to the test socket and we can see if speeds improve.  If not, then an engineer will be required.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Needhelp2
Participant

Hi Karl,

Yes I have a master socket with a removable plate so think I will have a test socket.

Can you send me instructions on how to go about connecting the router to see if speeds improve and I will try this as soon as I get home? Also, if this does improve the speed then would I leave the router connected to this test socket permanently? 

Thanks,

Keri

Community Team

Hi Keri

This video will show you how to connect to the test socket.

Test Socket (You Tube Video)

Speed will not improve instantly as the profile will be set low.  When connected, leave the router in the test socket and the speeds should improve over 24hrs as the profile increases.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Needhelp2
Participant

Ok I've tried this and it isn't working so far. It's actually worse now - now Sky Sports is pixelated and unwatchable too. Hope I'm not getting charged for the days I can't actually watch this TV boost. 

Community Team

Hi

A new router is currently on the way to you to rule out a hardware fault before an engineer is dispatched.

Thanks

Karl. 

Community Team

Hi Keri

Just a thought on this one, can you check the home phone and tell me if there is a clear dial tone on the line or any noise?

Thanks

Karl. 

Needhelp2
Participant

Hi Karl,

I don't have a home phone in the house so won't be able to check that sorry.

I did end up calling talktalk a couple of days ago (was on the phone for 1.5 hours) and eventually they said they would send an engineer today between 1-6 to try and fix the problem with the slow broadband.

I called again yesterday to confirm the appointment and the person said that there was no engineer booked, then proceeded to put me on hold for a while to then come back and say someone is coming out but I won't need to be home as they will only be outside to look at the line.

As I've had conflicting information and have spent over 2 hours on the phone already can you please check that this is definitive the case? 

Ive tried contacting openreach to confirm the appointment but they said I would need to call talktalk but to be honest I know it will turn in to another long phone call that I don't have time for today.

Also, as I cannot watch sky sports which I'm paying £34 a month for can you confirm that I won't be charged for the days I'm not able to watch it? 

Thanks 

Community Team

Hi Needhelp2

Don't worry to much about the billing, we can sort that out, thats the easy bit.  Lets focus on getting things fixed first.

One of my line tests is picking up a high resistance on the line.

I've raised this for a Non Appointed engineer - Non appointed means the engineer will be dispatched to look at the line without requiring an appointment be made with you to visit your property.  

Thanks

Karl. 

Needhelp2
Participant

Thanks Karl.

Will this be today between 1-6 as advised on a phone call? 

Community Team

Hi

This will not be today.  I've just checked with Openreach and they are requesting that we confirm an appointment with you, the earliest time they can visit is Wednesday AM (8-1).  Are you available at this time.

Thanks

Karl. 

Needhelp2
Participant

Thanks, so will I need to be home for this or is this for work outside?

Community Team

Hi

You or someone will need to be at home so the engineer can come round and test to see where the line is failing.

Thanks

Karl. 

Needhelp2
Participant

I called on Thursday to book and engineer (took 1.5 hours) and called yesterday to confirm this appointment (another 30 mins) and was told me that there an engineer booked to do work outside to speed the broadband up between 1-6 today. Is that not the case? Can you see that there is in fact no appointment booked? 

If I need to be home can someone come after 4pm? 

Community Team

Hi

I've checked, and this appointment was not booked.  A request was passed to Openreach however this was rejected as the test reference included by the agent was out of date, so no appointment was booked in.

I've raised a request myself earlier with the relevant details and this has been acknowledged by Openreach so this is now confirmed as booked.

We can only offer the time slots AM (8-1) or PM (1-6) and someone will need to be available at the time.  We are unable to give a more specific time.

If you are unavailable Wed AM, please let me know what day / time is best and I'll contact Openreach and reschedule for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Needhelp2
Participant

Would Wednesday PM be available? 

Thanks. 

Community Team

Hi

I've had this rescheduled to Wed 13th PM for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Needhelp2
Participant

Thank you.

The last time an engineer came out they called in the morning with a more specific time, will they call me again tomorrow morning with a timeslot?

Community Team

Hi

As this is an Openreach engineer, we do supply them with your contact number but cannot guarantee they will call before the visit.

We are unable to give a specific time and Openreach can arrive at any time within the timeslot.

Thanks

Karl. 

Needhelp2
Participant

Hi Karl, 

An engineer came out yesterday afternoon and thinks the problem is due to wiring outside, but he was unable to climb the pole as it's last test was a month out of date. He said he phoned openreach and someone is going to test he pole today and then if it passes they will hopefully re-assign the job out to someone else automatically. He said this is all outside work. 

But I then received an email from talktalk yesterday night saying an engineer has to be booked and I should book this within the next 3 days. 

Can you please advise whether this has been booked automatically as per what I was told yesterday from the engineer or if I need to book this again as per the text?

Thanks