Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Error YVM102

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Chatterbox

So, our household network has been horrible for years (range issues for the most part, but also latency and too many devices), so I figured I would finally take the plunge and get a new more capable router so I got a Netgear D7000v2 and installed it on November 14th/15th.

All was working perfectly after I followed the instructions from an article on this community forum (I had one little niggle where it recommended leaving the password blank, but it would refuse to connect so had to use my account password, but after that it was working flawlessly).

Now for the problems... Just before christmas, say the 18th/19th of December seems about right, the TV box (youview) stopped connecting to the internet, claiming error code YVM102, and the router loses connection to the internet intermittantly, on average I would say it remains connected for 15m-3hrs, then disconnects for 10-40s and it's been repeating on this semi-random cycle. Every now and again the youview box will reconnect to the broadband but it doesn't stay so for long.

I've tried everything I can think of, I've reset the powerline adapters that allow me to connect the youview box to the router, I've messed with all sorts of settings on the router, I've bypassed the powerline adapters and just used a direct cable to connect the youview box, I've unplugged and removed the new router from the network and just used the old talktalk router supplied to us to see if the new router was the cause in all of this, but no, the intermittant internet connection and the error code remains.

I will say also that during all of this, no matter if I'm connected or not to the internet, the landline phone has remained connected and I can still make and recieve outgoing calls.

During one of the internet blackouts I called TalkTalk support and never even got the option to speak with someone - the automated system noticed there was an issue with the phone line and I was instructed to provide my mobile phone number so they could give me updates. They then sent me a text on Thursday 20th along the lines of "We're sending an engineer out to do some tests and they'll be there within the next 3 working days and we'll update you as soon as we can"

The next day on Friday I recieved two texts, one from TalkTalk and one from BT.

BT - "This is a message from Openreach, the line fault reported now tests OK"

TalkTalk - "We're sorry our engineer wasn't able to resolve your service issue. This has been escalated and we'll be in touch with the next steps as soon as possible"

First of all.. what? Those two messages kind of contradict each other, secondly, I know it's the Christmas period but I've not heard anything more from TalkTalk on the matter so I don't even know if anything more is happening on their end to resolve this..

I'm all out of ideas and would really appreciate some help on the matter.

Highlighted
Philosopher

@doradus

Hi and welcome have u tried searching for help on here and checked the info on here for the error code

might not help having a none talktalk router as they check there own routers work with there service fine before relase 

A bite of info of Forum:
The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:- Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Hope that help Regards Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi doradus

Can you please add your home phone number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

If unsure of your number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please reply when this has been updated.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Yeah I’ll get to sorting out my profile when I get back from work, but one of the things I tried to get it all working was indeed use the original TalkTalk router as I said in the original post.

The thing is though is is with the aftermarket router it was working 100% flawlessly for about a month before having any problems.

and I had searched the error code and found nothing I could use to fix the problem, leading me to post something

Highlighted
Chatterbox
I have added my phone numbers to my community profile, can’t do much more on my mobile at work right now
Highlighted

Hi

I'm going to swap out the TV box as this is about 6 years old.

Try the replacement when it arrives and let me know.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Thanks Karl, I’ve been told it should be arriving sometime today so I’ll let you know how it goes
Highlighted

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Karl,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

The TV box you sent out as a replacement could connect to the internet straight away, but it didn't fix our intermittant connection issues, luckily (or rather - unluckily) our landline crapped out and we couldn't recieve or make any calls and this fault was detectable by the TalkTalk support techs so they sent another BT engineer out to check the line again.

This time a fault was found and repaired so as it stands right now (touch wood) all the problems with our line we were having have been resolved!

Hi

Glad this has now been fixed for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips