Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Error code IPC6023

66 REPLIES
sammyhaine
Team Player

I have had this error code now since middle of January, tried talking to talktalk customer services who said it was my internet, well if that is the case why can I use my bbcIplayer and Netflix via my tv box but not view normal channels if its my internet?  Also can not log in to my router to change any settings on it at all not by using admin admin or admin with its unique password, even factory reset all equipment and the problem still occurs every time!  Can someone please help as I am getting rather fed up paying for a service that I clearly aint getting the use of.

sammyhaine
Team Player

is anyone able to help i have done the reset router, reset tv box, everything and still no channels yet can sit and watch my netflix so clearly there is net going to my box

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @sammyhaine

I've escalated this for you.

Could you please ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information, Settings, Personal information, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Community Team

Hi sammyhaine

Can you please add your home phone number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

If unsure of your number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please reply when this has been updated.

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

sammyhaine
Team Player

I have updated my profile now thank you

Community Team

Hi

Multicast settings look ok, but I am picking up an increase in errored seconds on your line.

Also, I'm detecting a bettery fault on the copper line side.

Can you check your home phone and tell me if there is a clear dial tone on the line.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

sammyhaine
Team Player

I don't have a phone to plug in to check, however I only moved to this property on 09/02/2018 and had the same issue at my previous address in burnley.

Community Team

Hi,

Is it possible to borrow a handset from a friend or neighbor for 2 minutes to confirm if you have a dial tone, and see if the line is clear or noisy, so this can be logged correctly to Openreach.

If a fault is raised with incorrect details it may delay any resolution or be passed to the wrong type of engineer.

The broadband shares the same line as the phone services so any noise issues can affect the broadband signal.

Thanks

Karl.

sammyhaine
Team Player

I am at a friends later today will ask if they have one I can borrow

sammyhaine
Team Player

I have not been able to borrow a handset as of yet, but I did receive a new router through post but the same problem occurs, I get paid on 5th march and can purchase a cheap handset to test the line, but im confused as to why my netflix and bbc Iplayer works on the tv box but not the channels?

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @sammyhaine

The various players and Netflix only need between 3-5 Mbps but the boost channels on Multicast need Ideally over 6 -8 Mbps.

Have you done a speedtest to see what speed you are actually getting ?

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
sammyhaine
Team Player

just done one now and it says im getting 10.8mb download speed

sammyhaine
Team Player

An open reach engineer was here today ran all the tests and my speeds show at 16mb down, but I am still unable to get my channels, sorry for delayed response but I had no internet at all for a week due to a problem with my master socket

Community Team

Hi

Is the landline clear, clear dial tone etc ?  I'm picking up a possible fault on the voice side.

Thanks

Karl. 

sammyhaine
Team Player

yes totally clear and the open reach engineer even did the copper line test all tests came back fine with a 16mb download speed

Community Team

Hi

I notice you have the Dlink router connected, would it be possible to connect the HG633 and I'll update to the new firmware and see if this improves the connection.

Thanks

Karl. 

sammyhaine
Team Player

I now have the HG633 up and running

Community Team

Hi

I've updated the router firmware.  Can you reboot the router, when this is back up and running, reboot the TV box and then select a boost channel from the guide.

If this gives the same error, Load More TV (TalkTalk/More TV button on remote)  

Select some of your boost content from here and see if it plays.

Thanks

Karl. 

sammyhaine
Team Player

They work fine just tested them

Community Team

Hi

Excellent, thanks for letting me know.

Karl