cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Error code IPC6023

sammyhaine
Conversation Starter

It’s been literally a week since they fixed my internet and now it’s off again any reason why this time that you are aware of please karl?

sammyhaine
Conversation Starter

I am still confused tho as to why I can access the more tv but not my channels surely they require same amount of internet 

Community Team

Hi

On demand content uses the standard internet, so things like Iplayer and other on demand content are streamed.  Live internet TV channels use a protocol known as IGMP.  This data is slightly different and if this is not being processed correctly then the service will fail.

I've been testing your line and am seeing high errors. I know you have had 2 new routers recently so this should not be a hardware fault.

Is the phone line clear with a clear dial tone ?

Do you only have the router and phone connected to the phone socket ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Make Broadband Better - Join The Sam Knows Trial

sammyhaine
Conversation Starter

After yet another week of no internet due to the line failing, I am now back online, phone line is clear, and they said the error was the connection from the green box, but as of yet I still can not access the channels.  Its strange because I could use them one day and not the next they literally just stopped working all of a sudden, and this was before I even moved to this property on 03/02 I have had this issue with the channels since 22/01

Community Team

Your current synch speed is below the minimum for the channels which is why you're not getting them. The fault ticket is still open and with OpenReach. I've asked for updates and will post back once I know what steps I'll be taking next for you. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Community Team

I've been told this needs another engineer visit. Please provide a couple of dates  when you'll be available am is 8am -1pm and PM is 1pm - 6pm. 

sammyhaine
Conversation Starter

I am available every day next week except friday for PM times

sammyhaine
Conversation Starter

any news on when an engineer is available if it helps im available every week for PM appointments except fridays

Community Team

Hi

I've passed this request to our network teams to arrange.

Thanks

Karl. 

Community Team

Hi

Appointment booked for Tuesday 27th PM slot.

Thanks

Karl. 

sammyhaine
Conversation Starter

Thank you engineer came early, ran every test possible, line is totally clear (as reported previously) speeds were 24mb with just his equiment connected, as soon as he plugged my equipment back in they dropped to 14mb, he even tested the tv channels, still no channels, he asked me to describe how they were working previously so I explained up until 22nd january they were working fine, I went from crime investigation channel to watch bbciplayer to watch something for 1hr came back to watch crime investigation channel and the channels were no longer working.  He has added notes to his report to clarify this and is saying he is almost 100% certain that the fault showing on the line is infact something to do with the talk talk equipment an he is 75% sure it is the youview box that is killing the internet and is faulty.

Community Team

Hi

If you have the talktalk box disconnected from the router, with only the router connected, are the speeds still low or do they increase.

If speeds are low without the youview box connected, then I would not suspect this.

Thanks

Karl. 

sammyhaine
Conversation Starter

connection was good with the router connected as soon as we connected the tv is when the drop occured and it showed as a fault on the line

Community Team

Hi

A TV box is on the way to see if this is the issue.

Thanks

Karl. 

sammyhaine
Conversation Starter

thank you will keep you posted

Community Team

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

sammyhaine
Conversation Starter

still unable to view channels and getting rather fed up of being charged for them when i havent been able to view them since 22nd january!!! Did a speed test and getting a minimum of 12mb at a time down the line!!!

Community Team

Hi

I need to get this back to Openreach.  When are the bast days / times for an engineer to visit,

Thanks

Karl. 

sammyhaine
Conversation Starter

I am available every day except wednesdays and fridays but i do prefer PM appointments if possible

Community Team

Hi

I've passed this to networks with the booking request.  I'll reply as soon as appointment is confirmed.

Thanks

Karl.