cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Error code IPC6023

Angelbabe1uk
Team Player
Hiya karl So do i let my direct debit bounce today because of the amount of time this is taking to fix? As im being asked to pay my £47.00 by 4.30pm today otherwise it will be returned as not paid Its not really fair to expect me to still pay fir something thats not been working now for what will be 15 days a whopping 360 hours without no tv channels but still be expected to pay for them? Im going to ask my son to bring his netgear router and try it later today just to rule out it being the router you sent me in june
Community Team

Hi

I would not let the Debit lapse as this will cause the system to apply a bar and then fault finding will be almost impossible, and this can result in charges applied to the account.  I know you are frustrated with the time taken to resolve this, and now I'm looking at this, I'm doing my best to resolve this as quickly as I can.

You can try another router if you have access to one, but just a note about this.  Not all routers are capable of processing IGMP data for digital TV. 

Not all netgear routers have this ability so you should check if the model of router you test with has this option.   The router I have ordered could be with you tomorrow and this will work with TV services if you are unsure about the netgear router.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Make Broadband Better - Join The Sam Knows Trial

Angelbabe1uk
Team Player
Hiya karl Ive allowed the direct debit to be paid Im waiting for my son to get up as hes an all nighter gaming addict 🤣 so as soon as he is out of his pit (bed) i will get him to bring his router over & try it I havent had any conformation that another router has been or is being sent out to me i usually get emails/txt messages to say it but ive had nothing at all to say one is on its way and to stay in for it? What compensation will i get for the total loss of viewing as ive paid to view but i cant i hope it wont be something like a few pounds as thats not really fair the length of time this is taking to sort
Community Team

Hi

This is something that can be looked at when the fault is resolved, but for now i'm putting all my focus on fixing the problem.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Angelbabe1uk
Team Player
Hiya karl Is the router coming 2morrow? Im just making sure as i think my daughter has her MRI tomorrow so making sure to have my son here to sign for it as dont want it going down to the post office as they throw parcels around
Angelbabe1uk
Team Player
What’s immediately obvious when starting to test the HG633 is that its Ethernet ports are 100Mbps instead of 1,000Mbps (gigabit). That makes connections between wired devices 10x slower than just about any other router you could buy – although, admittedly, some other ISP-provided routers make the same mistake. This also made testing this router something of a problem as noremally I test using one device connected to Ethernet and one to the Wi-Fi. Here I had to conect both devices to the Wi-Fi. I dont think that router your sending will work as ports are a lot slower for wired which my tv box is wired conection so is there a better router that can be sent out?
Community Team

Hi

the ports on the Hg633 are 100mb rather than 1gb, but your connection speed is less than this so the speed of the ports doesn't actually make a difference.  Also, most devices people have do not have network ports that run at this speed.

I was using  HG633 for the last 2 years, with 70mb fibre, running an xbox, PS4, 2 TV boxes, a PC, laptop, 4 smartphones, Ipad and my Android tablet in addition to several sonoff home automation switches wired to various devices around the house, and never noticed any speed issue because of the communication speed of the router ports.

Thanks

Karl. 

Angelbabe1uk
Team Player
Hiya karl Ive had no confermation that any router is arriving tomorrow I usually recieve both a txt and an email & havent recieved either so can you double check as somebody will need to be here incase Also how do i find my broadband details & password for my son to try his router
Community Team

Hi

This is showing as dispatched.

I've sent you a pm with the tracking number.

Thanks

Karl. 

Angelbabe1uk
Team Player
Hiya karl I dont know how to find pms in this but ive mannaged to get up the tracking and traced it It wont be here today but possably tomorrow or thursday so once it arrives ill get ny son to conect it up and give it a try & report back ti you 😊👍
Community Team

Ho

OK, I'm here when you need me.

Regards,

Karl. 

Angelbabe1uk
Team Player
Hiya karl I just checked tracking again and it says uts in london & hasnt mived since 11.56pm last night? I hope its not some how got lost as i know how bad royal mail are as regarding parcels 😭
Angelbabe1uk
Team Player
Hiya Karl Good news the box seems to have finally started working again? Im hoping it stays that way 🤞 do i keep the other router you have sent out just incase it again goes down?
Community Team

Hi

Glad the box has started working again.

The router that is on the way is newer so you can swap these over and retest.

Thanks

Karl. 

Angelbabe1uk
Team Player
Hiya karl Talk talk booked a call back today between 12.00-14.00PM to tell me about my compensation for loss of viewing but nobody has bothered to ring md & its now 18.42PM What is happening please i hope im not being ignored by them hoping ill stop asking
fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Angelbabe1uk

Karl isn't ignoring you on here but, the OCE's work Mon-Fri 8AM to 4PM, so there will be no response until MONDAY at the earliest on here.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Community Team

Hi Angelbabe1uk

I'm sorry to hear this.  If you Live Chat with our billing teams they can look at this for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Angelbabe1uk
Team Player
Good morning karl Live chat never works for me i think its because i dont have a pc/laptop i only have my phone/ipad Im now 1 week past the day my tv viewing suddenly started working again Ive again been promised a call back thats never arrived I need to get this compensation sorted b4 the christmas period so i know how much my nxt direct debit will be so i can put the money aside for when its due I cant ring as its not safe to be on hold for ages on a mobile phone with a brain tumour & chiari malformation of my brain so this is my only option & pms on facebook that dont always get replied to
Community Team

Hi

Our billing team can address the compensation issue for you.  If you install the app on the phone this will give a chat option, alternatively if you have a handset you can call them directly from a landline.

Thanks

Karl. 

Angelbabe1uk
Team Player
Hiya karl i already have this installed into my mobile but the chat is not there its never been there i dont know why? I cant hang around on a mobile as its not safe with my brain tumour & chiari malformation to keep a mobile against my head for possably between an hour or longer 😔 Im being prommised call backs but they never ever happen