Did you mean: 
Need help?

Eureka finally got my Extender Kit to include DEVOLO

5 REPLIES
fre55die
Community Star

Hi All

Problem solved.

Some may know about my problems with the EXTENDER KIT.

I've finally got it fully integrated with my DEVOLO PASSTHROUGH plugs. YES !! What a struggle it was though eh !!

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
fr8ys
Community Star

Lucky you!

I can't get mine to work with my TP-Link pass throughs no matter what I try.

I have spent many many hours trying, also with help from TT support, and I've decided life is too short to worry any more.

Well done though, shows the old adage of try, try, try again does pay off sometimes.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
fre55die
Community Star

Hi @fr8ys

Which model are your TP link ones?

Apparently there can be fun and games getting the old extenders to combine too. A mate followed my advice about his problem with them though sucessfully.

Apparently the reason that the cheap EXTENDER kits don't have passthroughs on the receiver /EXTENDER plug is interference, so my solution saved him forking out £55 for an unnecessary non returnable kit !! It only cost him £25.

I'll see if I can get a solution for your problem though if you give me the model number.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
fr8ys
Community Star

Thanks. AV600, although my sender is non passthrough AV500.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
fre55die
Community Star

@fr8ys

Have you got any other PLA's lying about? Even relatively old ones providing they are 100 plus.

Have you tried swapping your current plugs over and pairing the extender to the AV 600 as main "sender" just to pair it?

fr8ys
Community Star

No to any other plugs and yes. They just won't connect.

I've reset all plugs, taken them out for a couple of hours and then tried to get extended to pair with the TP and it just won't have it.

I initially had trouble pairing the extender and plug themselves so left this set for around an hour to see if they would eventually pair. The wouldn't. 

I'm now back to my original TP link set up and extender set up.