cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Factory reset

ANSWERED
25 REPLIES
Highlighted
Linda 164
Participant

My recordings are all black and can't watch them, so was advised after trying all other options ie turn router off/on, powering adaptor blah blah blah...... to complete a factory reset keep recording however I'm now at 1 hour and seems to be stuck at setting up tv services, how long does it take 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Linda

Not that long.  How's your Internet / Broadband performance? Normally good?

Before this have you had any other issues with the TV box?

My instinct says you may have a faulty TV box.

Gondola - I'm a PlusTV customer * Security Hub - Stay Safe Online
Linda 164
Participant

Hi 

Have just redid another factory reset and it has just loaded up, 

I have had trouble since the new software update, 

No Internet channels

Pixceling Internet channel

Failed recording

Recording can't watch cause there black

Red button on tv on the router on/off

My broadband speed 32 so no problem there

Customers services are a joke last call was on phone for 2 hours passed to superviser and still couldn't fix it, his answer was just keep turning it on and off till it works

It's so frustrating 

Gondola
Community Star

...after the successful factory reset do you have all expected channels in the EPG? Freeview and Subscription / Boost channels?

You'll not know for sure about all other things like recording failures until you try them out but post back here with your follow up report.

Linda 164
Participant

After yet another factory reset this morning it worked ok for a few hours then I went to watch a recorded programme and black screen again, 

I have did all checks turned everything on/off again another factory reset, what else can I do, customer services are useless, it can't be acceptable to do this everytime it stops working.

Argggghhhhh

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Linda

Click on Help (top right of the page) and if LiveChat is available (8am to 10pm) a green Chat Now tab should appear on the right - click that and explain as follows: 

You'll need your account details first then:

Ask them to send you a replacement TV Box because it's still failing after factory resets.

If needed, say you've received advice on Community that the box is defective.

Let us know when you've been successful.

Linda 164
Participant

Thanks for all your advice 

Spoke to a ronnell who after 1 and a half hour finally decide that as long as the factory reset fixes the problem then that's what I should do, even though that could be several times a day, and the box can't be faulty as the resets  fixes the problem for the short term.

If I want a new box then I will have to pay for it as there no fault.

Wasn't happy as  recorded programs fail so I have escalated it and a manager has to call me with 24 to 48 hours.

I think a customer service advisor saying if you need to do this several times a day then that's what u need to do, is disgraceful service.

Hopefully manager can help.

HollyBy
TalkTalk Products Team
Solution
Hi Linda,

I'd like to apologise for the advice you've been given here as this is clearly incorrect. If you've factory reset your box and recordings are still failing or you're unable to play them back if they are successful then it sounds like there is a clear fault with the box. If you PM me your home phone number, I will arrange for a new box to be sent to you. This will most likely be on Monday now, but hopefully this will help resolve things.

Thanks, Holly
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Linda

I absolutely agree with you 100%.

I wouldn't accept having to factory reset every day or even once a week and you shouldn't either.

I will make TalkTalk aware of this right away.

If you don't receive a satisfactory resolution from the TalkTalk manager, do please post back.

Gondola
Community Star

Ah Holly, right on cue!

Thanks for seeing this and picking up straight away.

Brilliant.

Linda 164
Participant

Hi holly
Thanks so much for ur help, my home number [obscured for your security], can't pm for some reason,
Thanks again for helping me sort this problem,
Linda

[I'll PM your details to Holly B - Gondola]

Linda 164
Participant
Thanks for all your help regarding this situation
Linda
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Linda

Confirming that your phone number is now PM'd to Holly B.

HollyBy
TalkTalk Products Team
Thanks Gondola.

Linda - I've asked for a new box to be sent out to you today.

Thanks, Holly
Linda 164
Participant
Thanks for sending that out I look forward to receiving it and resolving my issues, I'm glad I joined this group as still no phone from the manager regarding my issues.
Linda
Gondola
Community Star

...and we're very glad you joined our Community too Linda.

When the TV Box arrives you'll be back in action in no time... but if you ever need help just ask.

Linda 164
Participant

Hi my box arrived it's all installed, and so far so, the tv light on my router goes off and on which interupts the Internet signal to tv, do u know what could be causing that x 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Linda

Could you explain in more detail please.

The TV light on the router is flashing green when the box is awake and off when the box is in Deep-Sleep mode.  That's normal.

What interruptions are you seeing for the TV Box channels?  Which channels?  Are all the Boost channel ok? Are the off-air Freeview channels tuned in and ok?

Linda 164
Participant

Hi there

When I watching the tv is says the broadband connection is lost I look at my router and the tv light is not on, I switch the router off and on and it says on the tv the connection has been found, I can't get any Internet channels and the screen comes up saying ipc6023 error, once router is turned off and on it fixes for a short time and then it happens again x 

Gondola
Community Star

...IPC6023 usually means insufficient quality / speed for an internet channel but it does also come up when the configuration of the system is wrong.

Are you using powerline adaptors to connect the TV box to the router?  Sometimes the powerline adaptors aren't passing the Internet channels to the TV Box.  Switch off the powerline adaptors temporarily and then back on after 5 minutes.

Things you can do are:

With the TV Box remote, select YouView button to bring up the menu

Select Settings and scroll down to Software Information and select

Update Software, Update Players & Apps

Make a note of the Manufacturer Software

Make a note of the ISP Configuration number

Press Back on the remote

We can bypass the router DHCP settings

Scroll up to Broadband Connection

Select Edit connection then Manual then left arrow and make the following changes:

IP Address 192.168.1.200
     Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
     Default Gateway 192.168.1.1
     Primary DNS 8.8.8.8
    Secondary DNS 8.8.4.4

Press Close on the remote

What is the Manufacturer Software and the ISP Configuration?