Did you mean: 
Need help?

Failed Recordings

ANSWERED
5 REPLIES 5
Delacey
First Timer

Hi

My YouView Box has been failing to record some programmes recently.  Now it consistently fails to record.  I did a maintenance mode internet recovery reset (internet recovery, keep recordings) on Saturday and the Box didn't record on Sunday.

Can you do a remote diagnostic and let me know what you find?

Thanks!

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Delacey

I've drawn this topic to the attention of the TalkTalk Community support team and an OCE will respond to you right here to help you.

Leave your router powered and connected to the line and your TV Box on Smart standby until you hear from an OCE.  The OCE will be able to check the TV Box and will have options to discuss with you.

I'm experiencing the exact same issues so I do have a couple of questions prior to leaving it to the OCE to check.

First, what geographic bbc/itv region are you in?  For example, London, South East, Midlands, North, Wales etc

Next, what is the box manufacturer software. Youview blue button / menu button > Scroll right to Settings > Scroll down and right to Software Information.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team
Solution

Hi Delacey

Can you try the factory reset from the youview settings menu and this will reset the hard drive.  Any recordings would be lost but this may clear any issues with the drive or any corruption  etc.

Thanks

Karl. 

Delacey
First Timer

Thanks for getting in touch Gondola!  Sorry to hear your recordings are failing too.

I’m in London and my manufacturer software is 72.45.145

Delacey
First Timer

I don’t really want to lose the recordings I have!

Is there no other option?

Community Team

Hi

If the box is fully failing to record this is usually the next option before we look at replacing the box.

Thanks

Karl.