Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Failed or partial recordings

10 REPLIES 10
First Timer

Hi

My recordings are failing or partially recording. Have 70% space left. Remote sometimes doesn’t work either. Have reset box several times. Only 1 blue light showing on you view box

Community Star

Can you confirm which resets you have tried please,

Have you tried a soft reset? To do this hold the power button on the front for around 10 seconds and the box should restart. Alternatively, you can turn off from the back and power back on.

If this doesn’t work then have you tried a YouView Maintenance Reset (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-find-maintenance-mode/ta-p/1429347)?

Try the Factory Reset keep recording option.

You will then need to reset your personal settings (such as parental controls / RF loop through / Surround Sound etc.) and also reset your scheduled recordings (might be worth taking a note of future recordings before doing this so you don’t miss any).

If all else fails then try a full factory reset from the settings menu. You will lose your recordings but you may be asked to do this before the OCE look at other alternatives.

Hope it works but if not then please let us know and I’ll flag for further assistance.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Community Star

Meant to say, you are in the staff's queue for a response.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi lizbrew

Follow the advice from fr8ys and let me know if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

First Timer

Tried a soft reset....no joy. Set up to record a series and failed to record then record symbol was no longer showing on the guide?? Remote keeps freezing too. Have previously done reset by switching off box at the back then holding +and - buttons to do a reset other than the one where I lose recordings. This is the second box I have had. Lost all my recordings previously. Getting really frustrated with this!

Community Star

@lizbrew 

The option 2 or 4  Maintenance Reset (KEEP RECORDINGS) suggested by @fr8ys will keep your recordings only select one of these two at present although you may be required to do a FULL FACTORY RESET by @OCE_Karl if this doesn't work, so it may be a good idea to binge watch your recordings now before you may need to do this.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Community Star

The keep recordings option attempts to repair the hard drive much lile a computer does.

However if you have a corrupt hard drive the factory reset from the menu will format the hard drive and clear any issues.

If the keep recordings option has not worked then the only option is the full reset. Appreciate you will lose your recordings, but you will anyway if the box is swapped out, which may not be necessary if the reset works.

If it fails then the OCE will know you have tried everything possible and be able to look at other options depending on your contract.

First Timer

I will try the reset again but also failed to mention I can’t even play back recordings that recorded ages ago. Click on them and just goes to a black screen with the name of the programme across the bottom of the screen. 

Community Star

That's usual with symptoms such as you described, so a full factory reset is usually the only option.

Hope it works.

First Timer

Hi had to do a full reset so lost all my recordings ( second time this has happened) and had to have a new box last time, so very annoying! Good news is that it seems to have solved the problem, but if this happens again I’m going to consider another provider.  
Also ,would you be able to sort a new remote as the one I have has a button missing. Thanks

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Liz

Add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' and I'll get a remote out to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE