Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faulty YouView Box

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
First Timer

There is obviously a serious issue with these boxes.
Installed under a week ago and the box is very slow at responding.
When fast forwarding at x30 speed I cannot stop it, have to turn box off and on again.

Very  slow when Searching for internet based channels such as BBCi or ITV hub.

is there a better quality box then the cheap Huawai?

Matt
Highlighted
Community Star

Huawei are the only boxes TalkTalk provide. Humax also make YouView boxes (under their own name and BT branded) which are considered more reliable but you would have to purchase one.

Please note that in the current situation there will inevitably be delays in responding to you, due to the closure of customers service centres. To save everyone's time ONLY POST BACK ON YOUR ORIGINAL THREAD.
Highlighted
First Timer

Ok can I have a refund on the one I have please. I would also like to cancel the entertainment and kids packages please as I don’t use the extra channels 

Matt
Highlighted
Community Star

You can cancel the boosts in my account and if you have had for more than one month will get a partial refund, if not a one month minimum fee is payable, but the box is probably part of your contract and I doubt that a refund would possible. The box is not faulty and it is known it can be slow to respond in x30 mode.

You will need to contact the loyalty team by phone to discuss.

Please note that in the current situation there will inevitably be delays in responding to you, due to the closure of customers service centres. To save everyone's time ONLY POST BACK ON YOUR ORIGINAL THREAD.
Highlighted
Community Star

I have though escalated to an OCE for comment though, so probably an idea to wait for a response on the box.

Highlighted
First Timer
Thank you
Matt
Highlighted
First Timer

Still not heard anything?

Matt
Highlighted
Community Star

I've raised it again for you.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

If the box is sticking on the FF option at x30, please try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
First Timer
Didn’t work, refund please for awful cheap product
Matt