cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faulty box - how do I get a replacement?

8 REPLIES 8
Archaeoali
Chatterbox

I've had my box for years, ever since I started with TalkTalk. It has now started to freeze constantly, especially during recordings which are now never complete, I haven't managed to record even an hour long programme for the past month or so. I have to restart every time I want to watch TV and it takes ages to boot up.

Every time I contact Talktalk chat they just insist on doing a factory reboot, each time I have tried them, despite me saying that it only works very briefly then crashes again.

I'm paying a good price for my service and have been a reliable customer for a long time but just don't seem to be able to get anywhere when it comes to a replacement box. The box is old, well used and just needs replacing, especially as it is too old to support NowTV as well.

Has anyone else had the same problem and do they have any advice.

Community Team

Hi,

Can you please add your home phone number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

If unsure of your number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please reply when this has been updated.

Thanks

Karl. 

Archaeoali
Chatterbox

Hi Karl

done now

thank you

Alison

Archaeoali
Chatterbox

I've added my phone number,

thanks

Community Team

Hi Alison

A replacement TV box is on the way.

Thanks

Karl. 

Archaeoali
Chatterbox

Great, thank you 

Community Team
Archaeoali
Chatterbox

One last question, my one moment of fame is recorded on the old box, is there any way of transferring or saving it to another device? 

Community Team

Hi

Currently there is no option to save or transfer the recordings to another device.  This is a question that we have been asked many times and has been passed to the developers to look at for a future option.

Thanks

Karl.