cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Free view picture break up

4 REPLIES 4
Team Player

Hi. We recently received a replacement YouView box after the previous one failed. This new one seems to have a different fault whereby the free view SD channels work fine for most of the time, then suddenly the quality drops and the picture breaks up. This also affects some recordings of free view channels which makes them unwatchable. The HD channels remain unaffected and work great. If I take the aerial cable out and put it back in, on occasion it fixes the issue but often it still doesn’t work yet the picture on the same channel on other TVs in the house are fine so the main aerial connection to the house is ok. If I restart the YouView box without changing anything else or moving any cables it ALWAYS fixes the issue. I’ve checked the resistance on the aerial lead going into the YouView box and it seems ok (no strands of the outer/inner aerial touching) So it seems that there is some internal fault which on occasion affects the aerial input. Not sure how I can fix this fault without going down the replacement YouView box again which is frustrating as I then lose all recorded programmes. Any ideas ?

Community Star

Hi @dnaconstruction 

Could you try Unplugging the aerial and retuning without it in this will show no channels found but will have cleared the tuner memory. Then re connect the aerial and retune again.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Community Star

Hi again @dnaconstruction 

I've just noticed that you are also complaining about the PLA's dropping out which could well be related to this. Have you noticed any co-relation between the events as whilst the Freeview tuner is totally separate the disruption to the router could cause temporary fluctuations to the box.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/TalkTalk-TV/TalkTalk-D-link-powerline-adapters-keep-dropping-out...

It may be worth copying and pasting this problem on here so that an OCE can see if the two are related.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Team Player

Hi. I’ve just done a factory reset and re-paired the PLA’s as per the other problem I’ve reported. I’ll monitor it and see if there is any improvement in the next 24 hours and report back if it starts to fail on either issue. Cheers.

Team Player

Hi. I’ve just done the re-tune without and then with the aerial in and will monitor it to see if there is any improvement in the next 24 hours and report back if it starts to fail on either issue. Cheers.

This widget could not be displayed.