cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Full NowTV on DN 372T box

19 REPLIES 19
Community Star

Looking at the YouView forum I noticed that Humax retail boxes have full NowTV. I thought I'd have a look at the 372T box and mine has been updated too.

More info can be found here.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Chat Champion

Yipppeeeee! So waited for this instead of using separate sticks and remotes or casting. Brilliant.

Just need to be able to record the entertainment channels now as we do the rest of TV..........

thanks for update.

Richard

Richard Lister
Community Star

Good news indeed. It is also available on the DN360T and any currently supported YouView box, including retail.

Chat Champion

One question - Inside the "live TV" feature are some live Skymovie channels - how come I can see them? Does it know I've subscribed to Movie pass? I can play live or from store on either now or next - how fantastic! - These are different films to those in the Cinema pass on demand lists.
Love this so much - thankyou Youview or TalkTalk or NowTv or whoever did this!
Richard

Richard Lister
Problem Solver

Well this is a very positive development!

I wonder where it leaves the Boost multicast channels. There's significant overlap between TalkTalk's Boost offerings and Now TV.

From what I can see, the boosts have the advantage of being:

• recordable
  • integrated into the EPG for easy access
  • at a better frame rate (possibly) than some of Now TV's 25 fps content

Now TV may win with:

• HD on offer for an additional £3 a month
  • full Sky Sports package
  • flexibility to use on other devices
  • currently being slightly cheaper, though this can vary if TalkTalk discount more heavily

Anyway, having the option to choose which suits us best has got to be good!  😀

Community Star

Hi @richardlister 

By Movie Pass I'm assuming that you mean a NOW TV Cinema pass rather than the TT movie boost ?

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Chat Champion

Oops yes sorry. nowtv cinema pass. 
do u know why I’m seeing live sky movie channels?

i guess I’ll find out when it runs out this week. Very interesting offering though. It’s all nice and neat in one place.

cheers

richard

Richard Lister
Community Star

@richardlister 

It will do as your account is registered on the box so all "passes" will be available, subject to box compatiblity, remember that there is a 6 device limit on each account.

You can also watch NOW on your phone and tablet if you install the app.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Chat Champion

The Nowtv Cinema pass sales blurb does not mention live movie channels!

Richard

Richard Lister
Community Star

@richardlister 

You also get it on the Entertainment pass.

Community Star

@richardlister 

It's also worth shopping around for the passes I am currently using a month Cinema pass £1.45 from an amazon third party seller, CDkeys often have big discounts too as do Currys and Argos.

Enlightened One

Is the full NOW TV service available on  all Talktalk boxes? 

i’ve got a retail TV box and it’s working better than my LGTV app.  It supports HD and 5.1 surround sound Wow. 

Plus this month now TV is doing a 60% discount sale on movies and entertainment I grabbed it while it’s there. 

i’ve got a say I am very impressed. 

preslacl

I'm no expert, i'm just a guy!
Community Star

All YouView devices are supported, save for the old Humax T1000 and T1010 and TalkTalk DN370T boxes

Chat Champion

Cinema pass has expired and sky movie channels have disappeared off live TV so you don't get live movie channels with entertainment pass!

Richard Lister
Community Star

@richardlister wrote:

Cinema pass has expired and sky movie channels have disappeared off live TV so you don't get live movie channels with entertainment pass!

Erm, of course you don't, you never did?

Chat Champion

I would never disagree with you @ferguson  but honestly, last week when I had the cinema pass trial for a week I could see movie channels and when I payed a movie I could either watch live or from start on library. Only displayed now and next. That's what got me to raise it earlier in this thread.

R😬

Richard Lister
Community Star

I think you may have misunderstood an earlier comment about how you "get it" on the Entertainment channels. "It" being live Entertainment channels with an active Entertainment pass, not Sky Cinema with an Entertainment Pass. 

Chat Champion

To be clear - I watched 3 live movies on the Live TV movie channels last week whilst my Cinema pass trial was valid. It's ceased now and the channels won't play?

cheers,

R

Richard Lister
Community Star

Yes, that is to be expected.

Community Star

@richardlister 

I assume that you are talking about from the NOW app NOT the normal EPG.

If you do not have valid active NOW TV passes then it will only give you an idea of what is on offer and should encourage you to buy the relevant pass/passes i.e. Entertainment /Cinema (and I think Kids etc.) It will not give you access to these channels until you have valid active pass or passes and each pass also includes the "live" versions if you select the live options in the app.