Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

HG663 dropping

2 REPLIES
DParker
Chatterbox

My router keeps dropping frequently (less than 24hours after a full reset) and all internet TV services fail. 

Also my smart home system drops out as a result so causes lots of problems.

Please can someone escalate this so I can get the firmware update.

All my details are in my profile

Thanks

@DrDanParker
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @DParker

The TalkTalk Community support team will return on Monday. Until then the best options for TalkTalk support are LiveChat or Messenger on the MyTalkTalk mobile app (8am to 10pm).

Request a firmware update to 1.22.1t for your HG633 router and they should be able to do that for you.

This topic is now also awaiting the attention of the TalkTalk Community support team of OCE's and they'll respond to you right here to help you with a follow up regarding the router firmware update.

Updates are delivered by Remote Management so just make sure your router has this re-enabled if you've previously switched it off.

Leave your router powered and connected to the line until the agents update or the OCE's reply here.  They'll check the HG633 router and either update to 1.22.1t or schedule an update via the update server.

Gondola - Community support team *

To appreciate my support  . . .  If I helped with a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi DParker

Power off the router at the mains for 2 minutes, then back on and this should trigger a firmware update.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat