cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Has your LG TV lost the aerial icon in the main menu and getting a "not programmed" message

omendata77
Sightseer

Yeah got old Spybot SD its a firm favourite.

Once I get the hub I will keep an eye on it and see if the same happens and let you know - always good when you have someone else to compare with as the tech support on any ISP is usually pretty dire now with the exception maybe of Plusnet.

I wonder if its a chip issue like they had with Virgin Superhub and others - the Puma chip if I remember rightly had a nasty bug in the low level microcode!

Hmm the old BT from the 60's is actually wired into the kitchen cupboard at the back of the flat - the greenbox is right outside the front of the flat and my server room is miles from the kitchen so its going to be a rathe tricky job for the guy unless he can use the Virgin cabling points.

I have no idea even where the BT cabling goes as noone has used it for 30 years!

fre55die
Community Star

@omendata77

You having and using 2 different active profilles on this post does my already messed up head in mate !!

I'm not sure, there seem to be a number of random problems with it though as there is allegedly a software update in the pipeline, under testing at present.

Allegedly back from January when the first ones were coming out !!! "The specs of the router look impressive.  They are spending a lot more money on these routers, and they are totally new, not even listed on the manufacturers website yet, so unique to us.  Everything looks really positive, but as with anything, we wont fully appreciate  until we have a chance to test it ourselves."

So there will obviously be teething problems as with any new product. Labs are all very well as everything is up to date and all connections to it are perfect but, only a customer environment can prove how many problems are really tucked away in it that REAL customers will suffer Eh !!

I'm currently trying to work out how to make some older TT supplied PLA's "talk" to the new WI -Fi extender kits !!

God I hate "home made WI-FI" and the bad networks that some default settings can make, resulting in thousands of customers plugging their "ugly" routers in and hiding them somewhere obscure and whinging about how bad their wi-fi is.

I have solved it on mine but the solution involves using one more PLA so TT wouldn't see it as a viable solution. Even D-Link can't or won't help me as some is TP-Link equipment though !! Their tech department were s++t even with my initial query which was only D-Link equipment.

Tony

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
omendata77
Sightseer

One profile for each address I own a house and a flat.

I just joined Talktalk but couldnt add my phone number to the old account as it is slightly restricted because I had an argument on here continually with a guy called Gondola i think it was - bit of a knowitall! I kept getting the "you arent authorised to view this" prompt as well!

I am a troublemaker apparently - nothing new lol

This is my new account linked to my new Talktalk account.

Yes I know what you are saying customers / users are a pain in the bum - I actually feel sorry for the helpdesks and the ISP always getting kicked in the guts like they were tonight on the Wathcdog program - they should have asked a techie to come in and explain why folks dont get the speed they advertise - explain the 50:1 contention ratio and peak times, using wifi against rj45 and also the fact that most older core2 duo laptops and pcs will never achieve the speeds they think they will with old pci bus restrictions on the nics and laptop wifi pci-e buses.
At least when I was a programmer I didnt have to deal with people - I guess thats why a lot of guys work in programming it keeps you away from the common herd which can really suck your soul!

I had an argument over on another forum with some guy who demanded 200mbps - who actually needs that speed - after denying he torrented he eventually let it slip so his gas was rapidly getting into a peep! My old Dell D630 and D830 never got more than 25mbps even on a 200mbps connection. I work in IT and i could do with 20mbps as I dont stream 4k or run anything naughty like a torrent server (I use my neighbours cracked WPA2 for that lol)!!!

Have you considered a pringles tin?

>;O)

I have one spare if you decide to go for it haha and a TL25 high power aerial on my roof for grabbing Mcdonalds wifi 2 miles away!!!.

TP-Link are great and cheap - made in Poland I believe.

I have a few of their wireless kits - very reliable and they pull in a lot of signal!