cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Having to reset Router daily as it is losing connection to YouView box

ANSWERED
6 REPLIES
Highlighted
WayneMar1970
First Timer

Hi, I can see lots of similar posts and i'm hoping for a definative answer. For the last month or so I am finding that I need to reboot my Router after the YouView box complains of a lost internet connection. The Router itself has green lights all the way across the front apart from the TV light which is dead. I am seeing mixed complaints regarding a YouView software update and the latest Router Firmware being blamed but I just want to know if this is something that is a recognsed problem and if it has a fix date in mind. Due to the fact that I have a NAS connected to the Router, rebooting is a major inconvenience so I have had to purchase an ethernet switch in order to isolate the traffic between it and devices connected via powerline adaptors.  Today the problem got worse however as with all the lights (apart from TV) illuminated I had no WiFi or Internet via ethernet either - until it was rebooted. - that may of just been an anomaly though.

Thoughts?

Wayne

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @WayneMar1970

This topic is awaiting the attention of the TalkTalk Community support team of OCE's and they'll respond to you right here to help you regarding a router firmware update to fix the TV Box loss of connectivity and need to reboot the router.

Updates are delivered by Remote Management so just make sure your router has this re-enabled if you've previously switched it off.

You may have already done this bit but ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your current landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and save changes. The Community support OCE's will then be able to link this topic to your TalkTalk service account and select your line for the update.

Leave your router powered and connected to the line until you hear from the OCE's.  They'll check the router and may have options to discuss with you.

Gondola - I'm a TVPlus customer * Try TalkTalk CallSafe to stop scam calls
Community Team
Solution

Hi WayneMar1970

A new router model is on the way for testing.

This should arrive in the next 24-48 working hours.

Thanks

Karl.  

WayneMar1970
First Timer

Thanks, i'll let you know how I get on. 

Wayne

Community Team
WayneMar1970
First Timer

Replacement Router has been installed for 9 days now and the reported problem is no longer an issue. I still find Netflix and BBC iPlayer drop out often (buffering then saying no internet) where I have to flip the switch on the Powerline Adaptor to continue watching - but I don’t think that’s a Router issue.

thanks for the help

Community Team

Hi

Glad the firmware issue has resolved the router drops.

If the powerlines are dropping etc, check the middle light is green on the adapters and they are direct into wall sockets.  You can also try swapping them around or try in other wall sockets.

Thanks

Karl.